X. BEAUTY AND RAGE (1/4)

10 Beauty and Rage

The tension was thick in the atmosphere when André walked in his home office. The main source of it was the light of his life, the fire of his loins; his love, Kristina. Who sat prettily on the large fancy cream European sofa, looking like an army of one in her cute white satin nightie, ready to storm in war with her ocean eyes that were intense and luminous with uncurtained hatred for him.

She did hit him again. If it were another person, he wouldn't think twice of putting that goddamn person back in place. But it was Kristina. His dearest darling, Kristina.

War is not something he ever wanted between them. He was teed off just as she was, but he chose not to act upon it. Ayaw niyang makipag-away pa at mas lalo pang galitin ang babae. Kahit kailan ay hindi naman niya ginusto.

Now he knows. Something more than what he did to her family angers the hell out of his precious wife. He realized that her hatred towards him is rooted deeply in her heart. It's sad that he is fucking oblivious of the reason why it exists and he is dying to know what exactly it is because he believes that it is the most valuable key to mend whatever's broken between them.

However, finding the answers wouldn't be easy.

It's like he's playing a game of cat and mouse with her. He would chase and she would defensively run or pounce.

But it doesn't mean that it is difficult either. Just a little challenging. One way or another, he will find out all the answers he needs. Everything.

"Loosen up," he said in a low, calm tone. "If you don't want to talk about it, we won't." He casually placed the food tray of their breakfast on the wooden coffee table. Pailalim pa rin ang titig sa kanya ng asawa niya nang sulyapan niya ito. "You need to chill, Darling. Here, I made you another cup of coffee."

Kristina glared first at the dark liquid in the cup before she accepted it.

No cream. He knew she doesn't want cream in her coffee.

She blandly thanked him, still eyeing him like a preying hawk.

Pinigilan niyang mapangisi. "Anything for you."

Blessed with beauty and rage. That was her.

Natatawa siyang isipin na nagmamatapang pa rin ito sa kanya.

Galit.

Galit lang ang meron ito. Wala itong kahit anong bagay na magagamit para maintimida siya rito. Not the power of money. Not the power of influence. And definitely not the power of her family's prestige either.

Tanging ang espesyal na nararamdaman lang niya ang hawak nito. At kahit iyon ay hindi niya hahayaang gamitin nito para mamanipula siya sa mga gusto nitong mangyari. But he can pretend. Only if it pleases her.

Eating together in his office has been one of their routines since they got married and since his mom came home. He and Kristina wanted to avoid the additional stress Dolores ought to bring. And he personally preferred to have her all for himself- Major reason why he never really bothered to convince her to have meals with his mother, yet.

Ramdam niya ang paminsan-minsang pagsulyap sa kanya ni Kristina habang kumakain sila. He would meet her eyes and she would stare back for a few seconds and look away.

"Why do you keep looking at me?" she queried.

"You're the one who's always looking at me, woman."

"Why do you care?"

A handsome grin formed on his lips. "You're always defensive, aren't you? I noticed you shy away whenever I catch you staring at me. Don't be. You're allowed."