XII. UGLY TRUTH (4/4)

"If you want to get on my good side, you gotta stop acting like an idiot like your brother," his darling scoffed.

"What?!" he squinted.

"Are you deaf?"

This woman has a fucking problem with him. "Stacie, leave us please. She and I need to talk in private."

Stacie nodded then shifted her doll cartoon eyes to Kristina who twitched her eyebrow up and smiled insultingly back at her.

"Shoo."

Hindi na napigilan ni André na marahas na haklitin ang braso ng asawa at tingnan ito ng masama. Sumusobra na ito. "That's enough."

Stacie quietly left along with their cousins.

Masama rin ang tingin sa kanya ni Kristina nang itulak siya nito nang malakas dahilan para alisin niya ang pagkakahawak dito.

"Darling, what the fuck is your problem?"

"Stop calling me that name!"

"What happened to you?"

She laughed, shaking her head, raising her palms upright waist level like she was a criminal caught by the police. "This is all funny."

"What is?" He touched her arm again and he was terrified when she shoved it off.

"No! Don't fucking touch me!" She had one finger pointed at him to stress that he needs to keep his distance. "Don't you fucking touch me!"

"Darling, what has gotten into you?!"

"I said don't fucking touch me!" she yelled when he tried to hold her again. "Don't go any fucking nearer!"

"Seriously! What the fuck is your problem?!"

"You're my fucking problem!"

"But what did I do wrong? I don't understand. We were fine just a few seconds ago—"

"Stop talking. Don't talk to me."

"—and now your suddenly pissed off at me, even implying that I am a fucking dumbass to my sister!"

"Shut up! Shut the fucking fuck up, André!"

"You're not making any sense."

"Of course I don't, you good-for-nothing mouthbreather."

Tinalikuran siya nito at naglakad pabalik sa courtyard na siya namang sinundan niya. Sa hindi kalayuan ay tanaw nila sina Stacie, Jenna, at Markus na nakatayong nag-uusap-usap.

Kristina walked faster to reach the three.

Everyone who saw it gasped.

It happened too fast.

He could only watch his wife kissing Markus before his sense kicked back in. Nanikip ang dibdib niya. Hindi siya makahinga. Lito at hindi maintindihan kung ano ang nagyayari, pinilit niyang buhatin ang mga paa niya na tila napako sa kinatatayuan niya dahil sa nasaksihan.

"Alam mo sinampal na kita kung hindi ko lang naalala na masamang manakit ng hayop!" tili ni Jenna na namumula ang mukha sa galit bago ito bumuwal dahil itinulak ni Kristina.

"Miss me with that lame old pocketbook line, you whore!" Kristina replied.

Markus helped his fiancé to stand up. Si Jenna na hindi malaman kung aling bahagi ng dress niya ang uunahing papagpagin para alisin ang mga duming kumapit doon ay mangiyak-ngiyak na lamang na hinarap muli si Kristina.

Just when they all thought Kristina already went too far, she still didn't stop. A champagne flute sitting on the table was lifted by her hand. She angrily threw its content on Jenna's face.