XII. UGLY TRUTH (1/4)

12 Ugly Truth

He angled his smart phone to take a good photo of his wife while she was busy putting on her emerald earrings. It was a perfect shot. Her lips were adorably parted as she looked at herself in the vintage mirror in their bedroom, hands raised to the side of her face, trying to put the expensive piece of jewelry on.

"Did you just take another stolen photo of me?" she inquired, turning to him with her beautiful eyes curious.

"I'm enhancing my photography skills."

"Photography?"

"Something to keep me doing shit other than work," he said. "And apart from doing you." He winked and that brought a suppressed smile lurking on her mulberry colored lips.

Kristina ran her hands down the sides of her curvy body to smoothen the soft fabric of her hot white dress, twisting her hips like she was checking out her own plump ass. "Do I look good?"

"Not good," he said.

She whipped him a feisty stare.

"You look great." With a pleasant smile, he walked to her and fixed her hair to one side of her shoulder. "You look perfect. There's only one who can wear that dress better than you."

"Who?"

"The floor."

She giggled.

He kissed her cheek. "I have something for you."

He pulled out a thin, rectangular cardboard box from the back pocket of his midnight blue chino pants. He opened it and there, laid a gold necklace with a dainty pearl pendant. He gestured her to turn her back to him, then he wrapped the thin gold string around her pretty neck and locked it.

"This is not free," he whispered. That made her turn to face him. The necklace was chic and elegant on her ample cleavage that was exposed because of the deep neckline of her dress. The dress was too revealing for his taste but he let her wore whatever she felt comfortable with. He cupped her face, sweetly kissing her. "Something for me in return. I like kissing you."

She laid her hands on the shoulder of his rose beige shirt to kiss him again and that caused his heart to dance with endless joy. He felt light, invincible... that was her effect on him. A dopey grin had seemed to be permanently plastered on his lips.

"Blagodaryu vas. Thank you," she mouthed.

"For?"

"The necklace and the kiss."

He kissed her again then walked with her to go downstairs. Her tan nude strappy high heels clicked against the limestone flooring of their new home, his white leather loafers barely made any noise.

Classic grandeur shouted in everything around them, from the royal white wooden panel walls with golden mouldings to the high ceilings brightened by large spiralling wrought iron crystal chandeliers. Paintings and sculptures inspired from the classical era beautified the vintage furnitures more. The house structure was built as a contemporary design but when he learned that her house in London-because she still wouldn't say she lived in Russia-had an interior design based off from the art during the renaissance period, it came as no surprise that he ordered an immediate house makeover to satisfy her. And she was satisfied. Very much satisfied that she had willingly spread wide for him on their new neoclassical modern style king bed.

After that night of surrender and understanding between them in her parents' house, everything else followed smoothly.

He was still investigating the huge possibility of being a father to Klaus. At the present time, there was still no new news about the young boy because Korbin had hid the child away from the public's eyes. It was no piece of cake for his private investigators to get a hold on of any information without alerting Korbin's security group. The last piece of information he got was three days ago and it was about the separate and different legal identification papers of Klaus. He had a different identity as Klaus Ivanov and another different identity as Klaus King. It infused him suspicion and more curiosity. What is the story behind that, he wanted to know. The documents that said Klaus is a King were fake, he was sure. He just can't prove that right now because his hired men were caught and the motherfucking China man was quick to clean evidences that may lead to the answers he was seeking.