Chapter 19

Harrison's iPad begins to ring, making us both jump out of our skin. I straighten my stiff spine slowly as we both sit up from being hunched around the computer screen. He picks up the iPad and grins to himself when he sees whoever is on the screen.

"Times up, Cooper." He raises his eyebrows towards me.

"You've been saying that for at least the last two hours!" I retort in fake annoyance.

"Well if I'd have known you were such a slave driver, I might not have hired you." He smirks devilishly, making me playfully swat at his toned arm.

I chuckle, realising over the last six hours what a difficult task it has been to keep Harrison fully focused on work. "Is it one of your daughters?"

"Yep... I now have to listen to Molly play the violin..." he swipes across on the iPad and I witness his handsome face light up. "Hey my little goblin! Daddy is just finishing up a meeting... can I call you back in five minutes?"

"Hey, Dad. Can you not call me that! You're so lame. Yep... I have a new song to play for you." The little girls voice is full of sass, and I love her for it.

"OK, goblin..." Harrison teases.

"Dad!" She shrieks.

"Sorry, sweetheart... just can't help myself."

"Call me back, you loser!" She scolds him.

Harrison bobs his tongue out as the little girl ends the call. He laughs lightheartedly when he looks over at me.

"Goblin?" I ask, perplexed by the nickname.

"Halloween baby." He shrugs with his simple explanation. "So, Ms Cooper... please tell me we're done for the day. I'm bloody knackered!" Harrison lowers his head and bangs it off the table a few times.

I nod as I switch the computer off. "I'm very proud of you Harrison, you powered through!" My voice oozes sarcasm.

In response, Harrison screws up a piece of paper and throws it at my head. But I gracefully dodge it, much to Harrison's dismay. "I normally delegate things like this, but this campaign is too close to my heart... it's too important to me... I promise I'll do better and stay focused."

"We need to start looking for actors to play the leads in the campaign. I'll email Daniel's agent tomorrow to see who she has on the books." I quickly add it to my list of things to do.

"OK... on a separate issue, will you and Daniel join me for dinner later? I want to apologise to him directly." Harrison's expression is suddenly tense.

"I'm sure he will say yes, but I'll ask him and let you know." I don't want to agree to anything without making sure Daniel is comfortable.

"Fair enough. I've reserved us a private dining room at eight. But, just text me if you're not up to it tonight." He says simply to not put pressure on me before picking up his iPad.

"OK. Enjoy the violin." I grin.

I leave and slowly meander through the beautiful hotel grounds. The lush greenery around me on the meandering path helps to clear my mind of work and the endless list of things I want to get in place before we leave in a few days.

Looking up across the path, my heart expands in my chest at the sight of the most beautiful man I have ever seen. The late afternoon sun highlights Daniel's athletic frame as though he is on the catwalk. Wearing a white polo shirt and baby blue chino shorts, he looks good enough to eat. His head is down like he is lost in thought, but he definitely has a spring in his step.

Once he is in earshot, I wolf-whistle loudly. His head snaps up in the direction of the noise, and smugly I watch his face immediately burst into an enormous grin. "Hey, good looking." I greet him playfully, wiggling my eyebrows. "Fancy seeing you here!"