Chapter 31

I rolled over, expecting to feel a solid warm body next to mine. Instead my arm feel loosely onto the dipping mattress.

Fumbling around on the bed, as I made my arm stretch further across, trying to find this warm body, my heart sank.

He had left.

Opening my eyes, light soared into my vision, blurring them.

I squinted, my eyes opening directly opposite the curtain that was open ever so slightly.

Through my narrowed eyes, I could just make out the window for Sam's bedroom.

With one thought, my eyes suddenly opened wide. It was a saturday. Praise who ever!

Rolling over to look at what the time was, my body froze, as a gasp escaped from my lips.

Standing against my clock, was a green piece of card.

Gulping, I stared. As I started to unwind my hands, unconscious of how tight my grip had become on the duvet, my mums voice sounded through the air.

"Cassie!"

I sat up straight.

"Mum!" I shouted back, scanning back over to the card, that seemed luminous.

"What are you doing? I thought we were going swimming!"

I took a quick intake of breath and let the dreaded S word slip out of my mouth.

"I'll be down in a second!" I replied.

"Ok! Otherwise the session will be ending soon!"

I rolled my eyes, climbing out of bed I heard soft little patter of feet against the floor.

"Rawrr!" Thomas shouted as he came running into the room and jumped on top of me.

"Ahhh!" I pretended to scream as I fell backwards onto the bed, scrunching him into a ball and pulling him with me. He erupted with giggles as he clambered to sit on top of me.

"We going swimming then?"

"Yup, with mummy." He smiled, hugging his blanket.

"Is daddy not coming with us?"

"No?"

I frowned.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." He giggled then went running off.

I watched him as he ran out the door, just for another person to appear.

"Cassie!" Mum shouted, her voice sharp. "What are you doing!" She practically growled, shaking her head.

"I.-" went to explain, but she just left also. I looked over to the card as I searched for my clothes.

How did that get here? It wasn't there last night, unless... Henry put it there. I frowned.

I didn't see him put anything there, or have anything on him? Unless he put it there before he left.

Catiously, after choosing my black and pink bikini, I walked over to the card and picked it up.

'You look beautiful whilst you sleep. But not with him. You may be teasing me, but I do get jealous. See this as your last warning."