Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Alex's POV

-two weeks later-

"Thank you all for coming out tonight. We love every single one of you!" I heard Liam shout on stage. A roar of screams erupted from the fans. I was sitting in the dressing room, texting Mara, but I decided to go watch their last song. I walked down a hallway until I was standing off to the side of the stage.

"You're all absolutely incredible." Louis added, smiling at the crowd. "Absolutely brilliant."

"Unfortunately," Harry began. "we have to leave eventually, but I think we've got time for one more song."

"Shall we do one more?" Niall asked, grinning.

"I think that's a yes." Zayn laughed when the crowd started screaming and shouting again. The music began and the boys started to sing the lyrics to I Want as they ran around the stage. I smiled, noticing how happy they looked. The boys had spent time teaching me all of their songs, always telling me that I couldn't be on your with a band I didn't know. They weren't my usual choice of music, but they were good. Actually, they were great. They had so much talent.

"Well, I hope you all had a lovely time." Harry said once the song finished.

"We sure did!" Louis told the audience.

"But sadly, we've gotta go." Zayn said. "We love you!" The boys all waved as they ran off of the stage.

"You guys did great." I grinned at them when they saw me. They all smiled and took turns giving me a hug. Zayn grabbed my hand, pulling me along with him to their dressing room.

"Do you want to come to the meet and greet with us?" he asked me.

"Nah. I think I'm going to just go to bus."

"Alright. We won't be too long, okay?"

"Take your time." I smiled, hugging him quickly before leaving the building and going to the bus. Of course, Paul had to escort me because of a large number of fans who were waiting outside for One Direction to leave. Some of them screamed when they saw me. Thanks to Liam and his twitcams, they found out who I was and that I was friends with the boys.

It was weird to think that I was friends with a band. They were all attractive and famous and had girls all over them, and I was just.. Alex Knight; a broken girl with a dead drug addict mom. I was nothing special. But these boys made me feel like I was sometimes. They were the sweetest, most caring individuals I had ever met.

I climbed up onto the bus and immediately headed to the back of the bus, throwing myself onto the queen sized bed that Zayn and I sometimes shared. We usually slept in our own beds now, but some nights were harder than others, and he could always tell when I needed him.

Denying my feelings or Zayn was getting harder and harder everyday. He was always so great. He'd listen to me when I talked to him. Like, actually listen and try to understand where I was coming from. He didn't judge me at all. I loved that about him; that I could just talk to him without worrying about what he might think. Deep down, I knew I could trust him with my life, but that didn't mean I'd let myself fall in love with him. Part of me was still terrified that if I did let him in one hundred percent, he'd think I was annoying, or he'd find someone else. Maybe he'd even hurt me like Conner did. I just didn't want to take that risk.

An hour later, I heard the bus door open and five boys came running in. I heard their loud footsteps coming towards me where I was still laying on the bed, and suddenly they were all jumping up and down on the bed. I sat up, smiling and they grinned. "Hi Alex."