Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Alex's POV

At some point during the day, Conner had pulled me off, leaving Liam and Zayn behind. Everything had been find for awhile. He and I went on a couple of rides, just us two. It was actually nice. Until some douche had to ruin everything.

Conner and I had gone off to get food. He was in line, paying and I was sitting on my own at a table waiting for him.

"Hey beautiful." I heard a creepy voice say. I looked up and saw a younger looking guy grinning down at me, revealing perfect white teeth.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"You wanna come to my place? We could have some fun." he winked. I could tell her had had a drink or two. Or three.

"Fuck off." I muttered, disgusted.

"C'mon babe. It'll be a blast!" he said, ignoring my previous comment.

"No thanks." I said irritated.

"Why not?"

"I have a boyfriend."

"So?"

"You're disgusting." I scoffed. I looked around and saw that Conner was watching us, his eyes narrowed. He was in the front of the line now, but he ignored the lady who was asking for his order. Instead, he walked towards us.

"What's going on here?" he asked, angrily.

"Nothin'." the creep answered, smirking at me. "Come find me if you change your mind." And with that, he walked off.

I looked up at Conner nervously. He was glaring after the guy, his jaw clenched. I put my hand on his arm, trying to get his attention. Instead of looking at me, he snatched my arm and pulled me away.

"What the fuck was that about?" he demanded once we stopped. We were hidden behind the bathrooms at the far end of the carnival.

"That guy just came up to me and asked me to go to his place. I refused, but he wouldn't leave." I explained, hoping he'd understand.

"What the fuck did I tell you Alex?" he asked, clearly pissed off.

"I didn't do anything!"

"Don't lie to me. I saw you looking at him. I warned you already!" he shouted.

"I promise you Conner, I wasn't looking at anyone. I love you and only you. I don't care about anyone else." I told him, trying to calm him down.

"Bullshit!" he snarled. "I see the way you look at Zayn. You'd rather be with him, wouldn't you?"

"What the fuck? No! I hardly know him. We already talked about this Conner. I love you!"

"Stop. Just stop lying to me." he whispered angrily. The next thing I knew, his fist was coming towards me and I was on the floor. My eyes closed tightly as his foot made repeated impact with my stomach. I cried out in pain as I felt him hit a rib, but he kept going.

"What the hell!" I heard someone gasp, but I was in far too much pain to be able to tell who the voice belonged to. I heard two sets of footsteps running towards us and suddenly the kicking ended. I groaned in pain and tried to open my eyes. Everything was blurry from my tears, but I could make out Conner get punched hard in the face by someone. There was another boy trying to pull him off of Conner. Conner tried to hit the boy who had punched him back, but suddenly there were three other boys holding him back. The one who had hit Conner took a few deep breaths and said something to him, before rushing to my side.