Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Alex's POV

I sighed as I locked myself in the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and felt tears threaten to fall. I could tell my eye was going to be black and blue by the morning, and the side of my face was swollen. My hair was a snarled mess and my makeup was smeared. Tasting blood, I spit into the sink. My spit was mixed with red.

After Conner and I had left the club, he began to go crazy.

Flashback

"Who the hell was that Alex?" he demanded, grabbing my face tightly in his hand.

"No one, he was just trying to help." I mumbled.

"Oh, and I bet you wanna fuck him. Don't you?" he spat. "You're such a whore."

"Conner, it wasn't like that. I promise!"

Suddenly I saw his fist coming at me, hitting my in the eye. He let go of me, and my hand went up to my face, somehow trying to make the pain go away by touching it.

"Don't lie to me." he snarled.

"I'm not!" I cried. There was another impact on my face, and I realized he had slapped me.

"I was worried about you." he said after a minute, his voice suddenly softer.

"I'm sorry."

End Flashback

He had been fine after that. We finished walking home, hand in hand, neither of us talking. As soon as we were home, I headed off in the direction of the bathroom. And now here I was.

I didn't even bother fixing myself since I was just going to go to bed anyways. I left the bathroom and went to our bedroom. I changed into a pair of dark blue pajama shorts and a long sleeved black flannel. I put my hair up in a low ponytail before crawling in bed with my boyfriend. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me against his chest as we fell asleep.

************************************************************************************************************

It's been two days since the incident after the club. My eye was black and blue, so I had to cover it up with makeup before going anywhere.

I often found myself daydreaming about Zayn though. It was weird. I couldn't seen to forget about him. Maybe it's because he's freaking gorgeous, or maybe it's because he came to my rescue. Twice. Whatever the reason, he didn't seem to leave my mind.

I felt guilty thinking about Zayn so much though. I had Conner. And even if he can be an absolute ass, he was my boyfriend. Besides, I'd probably never see Zayn again.

"Alex?" I heard a familiar voice call.

"What?" I called back.

Conner came into our bedroom, taking a seat next to me on our bed. "Guess who I saw today."

"Who?" I asked, not really caring.

"Your little friend. From the club that night. Zack or whatever his name is."

"Zayn?" I asked, shocked.

"Yeah! Zayn." he said, smirking a bit.

"Where?"

"At the grocery store."

"That's nice." I said, pretending not to care. I was slightly jealous that I hadn't gotten to see him, but Conner couldn't know that. I'd be in trouble if he thought I cared. Stupid jealous asshole...

"And guess what else."

"Huh?" I asked.

"He invited us to his place to hang out with him and his friends."

"When?" I asked, shocked. I guess I would be seeing him again after all.

"Now."

"I have I get ready!" I said, groaning a bit. I was still dressed in black sweats and a navy blue t-shirt. I jumped up and ran to my closet.

Conner narrowed his eyes. "Why are you so excited?"

"I'm not," I lied. "I just prefer to not go in public looking like I just woke up."

"Don't lie to me Alex. You just want to see Zayn, don't you? Why? Do you like him?"

"Of course not! I hardly know him. I've only met him once. Well, twice but it was in the same night." That was true. Sure, I did want to see Zayn, but I didn't like him. I had only just met him.

Conner walked up to me, grabbing my chin in his hand tightly, forcing me to look at him. He searched my eyes for a second to fin out if I was lying.

"You better not flirt with him tonight. If you get too friendly with any of them, you'll be in trouble." he told me, squeezing my jaw tighter. "Do you understand?"

"Mhmm." I whimpered in pain.

"What? I didn't hear you." Conner said, smirking now.

"Yes. I understand." I said.

"Good." He yanked my face forward and kissed me roughly. It wasn't just a peck like usual either. It was an angry, overpowering kiss. He was trying to show me that I was his.

His other hand moved behind my neck, holding me there, while the hand that had been holding my face moved to my waist, pressing me into him. His soft lips were kissing me hard. Much too hard for my liking. His tongue forced its way into my mouth, rubbing against my teeth. I kissed him back, knowing that if I didn't he'd get more upset.

When he pulled away, he placed his forehead on mine.

"Don't forget what I said. You're mine and no one else's Alex. I love you." he whispered. He gave me one more gentle kiss before leaving the room so that I could get ready.

It took me a couple seconds before I could move.by lips felt raw and my head hurt. I slowly turned around, walking over to my closet. I pulled out a pair of black leggings, a green t-shirt, and a black cardigan. I slipped on my black combat boots and headed to the bathroom. I threw on some eyeliner and mascara and pulled my black hair up into a messy ponytail.

After I finished, I walked out I the living room to find Conner sitting on the couch, texting away on his phone.

"You look nice." he said when he saw me.

"Thanks."

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yep." I said, grabbing my big black purse off of the table.

This was going to be an interesting night.

Sorry it's kinda short. I wanted to hurry up and post this though. I'll have another chapter up soon I hope.