Mikkel Bang: Parents

"Stop looking at me like that!" I say to Mikkel as we sit on his couch. He keeps staring at me with a stupid grin on his face. I'm sort of panicking and he thinks it's cute.

"I'm sorry! I've just never seen you act this way. It's adorable." Mikkel says as he places his hand on my thigh.

"I'm terrified! Terrified is not a good look on me!" I tell Mikkel as I feel myself getting worked up at the thought of meeting his parents.

"Everything looks good on you." Mikkel says as he leans in to kiss me. He begins to pull away from the kiss when I bring him back in. I keep my lips attached to his as I adjust myself so that I'm straddling him on the couch. Kissing Mikkel is a good distraction.

Things get intense quickly. My shirt is on the floor and Mikkel's belt is undone when someone rings the doorbell. I start to panic again. I move away from Mikkel instantly and stumble to put my shirt back on. Mikkel on the other hand is calm. He smiles as he buttons his jeans up.

"You look beautiful, y/n." Mikkel says as he stands up and kisses me on the top of the head. I run my fingers through my hair so that I don't look a mess.

"I'm not good with parents." I tell Mikkel. I've told him this a hundred times, but he insisted. I never meet a boy's parents, but things are getting serious Mikkel, so I have to try. "What if they hate me?"

"Why would they hate you?" Mikkel says with a laugh as the doorbell rings again.

"I can think of a few reasons." I mumble under my breath as I follow Mikkel to the front door.

"Everything will be fine. I promise." Mikkel says. I nod and take a deep breath. Mikkel opens up the door, letting his parents into the house.

"You must be y/n!" Mrs. Bang says as she instantly pulls me into a hug. I'm not really a hugger, but I try not to act awkward.

"It's so nice to meet you!" I say as sweetly as possible.

"Nice to meet you, y/n." Mr. Bang says calmly as he shakes my hand.

"We've heard so much about you!" Mrs. Bang tells me. "Mikkel talks about you all the time. He's absolutely crazy about you. I've never heard him talk about a girl this way. It's so precious. He speaks very highly of you."

"Oh really?" I ask with a smirk as I look up at my blushing boyfriend.

"Okay, mom. That's enough." Mikkel says with red cheeks.

"Oh Mikkel stop being embarrassed. It's not a bad thing to be in love." Mrs. Bang says casually as she makes her way to the living room. She sits down on the couch where Mikkel and I were making out just five minutes ago.

"Mikkel never introduces us to his girlfriends." Mr. Bang tells me as he takes a seat in the recliner. "His girlfriends never stick around this long, but still."

"Dad!" Mikkel says. He's the one panicking now. I take his hand and sit closely next to him.

"Oh Mikkel, your father is right." Mrs. Bang adds.

"It's not true. Don't listen to them." Mikkel says to me. He shakes his head in disbelief at his parents.

"I need some water." Mrs. Bang announces suddenly.

"I'll get it for you." Mikkel offers as he begins to stand up. Mrs. Bang motions for him to sit back down.

"No no no. I've got it. Sit and relax with you beautiful girlfriend." Mrs. Bang says kindly.

"I'm going to the restroom." Mr. Bang says as he follows his wife out of the living room.

"I am so sorry about them! I had no idea they'd be this crazy!" Mikkel says to me once his parents are out of earshot.

"Oh my gosh I love them!" I tell Mikkel.

"You do?" Mikkel asks me. He looks shocked.

"Yeah! They're so lovely. And I think they like me! They make me feel so special. I had no idea how much you liked me. Do you really talk about me all the time?" I tease with a smile as I think about everything Mrs. Bang said.

"My parents are embarrassing." Mikkel mumbles.

"Aww you're so cute when you're embarrassed." I say as I kiss Mikkel.

"I'm glad you like them. They clearly love you." Mikkel says. "You're not nervous anymore?"

"Nope. I'm all good. I'm actually really happy we did this. I love being here with you and your family." I tell Mikkel as his parents walk back into the living room.