Sebastien Toutant: Love and Gold

I watch Seb take his final run from the bottom on the slope with the other onlookers. I have to remind myself to breathe and stay calm. The final run always stresses me out, but this is the Olympics so my anxiety is at an all time high.

I react to Seb's run before the rest of the crowd. I throw my hands up in the air and begin to cheer as Seb stops at the end of the course. He threw the perfect run. Absolutely perfect. I watch as he throws his fist in the air because he knows he got it. He got gold.

Seb's eyes search the crowd as he awaits his score. I'm not sure how he finds me through all the chaos, but he does. His smile manages to grow wider when our eyes meet.

"I love you." He mouths to me.

"I love you." I mouth back.

We only wait a few more moments for the score. 95.3 it reads. Seb raises his snowboard above his head, because that was just the score he needed to secure his win. I'm so excited that I start hugging strangers around me.

"Hey I think he's trying to talk to you." The person next to me says as she points towards Seb. I look over and see Seb waving for to come over to him. I bust my way through the crowd, up the fence separating the athletes from the audience.

"Sorry, sweetheart, nobody can cross this fence." The security guard tells me. Seb rushes over immediately.

"It's ok. She's with me." Seb tells the security guard. The guard looks like he wants to argue, but he surprisingly doesn't. Seb holds my hand to help me over the fence and I hug him the second I can. The crowd cheers even louder at this.

"I'm so proud of you, babe." I tell Seb as I hold onto him tightly. Seb doesn't say a thing. He unwraps himself from my arms and takes a couple steps backwards. He rummages through his pockets before kneeling down on one knee.

"Seb..." I say in shock. The crowd says 'aww' before going completely silent. There's no way he's doing this right now. Not at the Olympics with the whole world watching.

"Y/n," Seb begins. I feel my legs start to shake, but Seb seems totally relaxed. "You're my best friend. You're the love of my life. You're the reason I made it here. The only way this day could get any better is if you agree to spend the rest of your life with me." Seb tells me. Tears start rolling down my cheek, but Seb keeps his eyes on me.

"Oh my gosh Seb..." I say again.

"I just won a gold medal at the Olympics, but you're still the only thing I want in this world. Will you marry me?" Seb asks. I nod because for a moment I can't speak. Seb slips in the ring onto my finger before standing up. I pull him into a kiss instantly. We get another 'aww' from the crowd.