48| Mr. Stevens and I

Bella

"Are you sure you guys went on a business trip or a honeymoon?" Harry asked. I sat on the toilet seat while we conversed.

"I've told you to mind your business. I already have enough trolls seeking answers that aren't there..." I said to Harry but I was cut short by the voices I heard outside. "Harry, I'll call you back" I said quickly before cutting the call and going out to see what was happening.

I was met with surprise of my life. Chase, Amanda and Mrs. Stevens in one room? When did they even get to New York City? And most importantly, what the hell were they doing here?

"There she is," Amanda said before walking up to me. "Husband snatcher!" she screamed before slapping me across the face.

Oh, this bitch just stepped on the devil's tail.

I bet Amanda never saw it coming-Two hot slaps on both cheeks. What she didn't know was that Isabella Nwankwo was an expert slapper. So, as I held one side on my face, she held both cheeks with awe.

"You little brat" Mrs. Stevens hollered at me. "I told you to stay away from my son, didn't I?"

"Mom! That's enough!" Josh said to his mom, "You should go please"

"So you can keep fucking my fiance, huh?" Chase pushed Josh. He was only asking for another fight.

"We are not going anywhere Josh!" Amanda shouted. "Not until you see that this girl is a snake" she pointed at me.

"Oh please, Amanda, we're both snakes" I spat back, "The only difference is that you're a serpent and I'm an anaconda"

"I swear to God, Isabella, I will ruin you!" she screamed in my face. We were really close now.

"You don't know me, I'm a devil in disguise sweetie. So, bring it on" I said with anger and that only fueled her anger.

"What do you even see in this bastard anyway?" Chase asked me.

"Don't call my son a bastard" Mrs. Stevens said to Chase with a glare

"His father fucking raped you" Chase shouted like a maniac, "How sure are you that he's not a rapist too" and that statement was enough for the two guys to start throwing punches.

Some of the hotel staff had to come in and help us separate the two guys.

"I will kill you, bastard!" Chase shouted while trying to free from one of the male staff's grip.

"Not if I kill you first" Josh said after they both been freed. Apparently, they had fought to their satisfaction.

"Son, can't you see that this woman is not good for you?" Mrs. Stevens said while moving closer to Josh.

"Well," Josh said before walking across the room to where I stood, "This woman..." he holds my hand firmly, "...is the woman I love" I immediately turned to look at him and he gave me a reassuring look. That look was enough to clear all doubt and fear in me.

"I love Joshua Stevens. So y'all can go to hell" that slipped out of my mouth but I didn't regret saying it because it was the truth and it was high time I stopped lying to myself.

Mrs. Stevens and Amanda's mouth were open in shock while Chase just kept glaring. Chase was the first to leave as he pushed the staff that stood by the door out of the way. After moments of glaring and not saying anything, Mrs. Stevens and Amanda stormed out too.

After we were finally alone again in the room, Josh and exchanged looks. "I love you" he said with the warmest smile.

"I love you too" I said in a whisper before we embraced each other tightly.

_________________

"Oh my God! I can't believe you too are finally together!" Trina squealed. I was facetiming her after I'd settled down in my house. We'd just gotten back from New York after staying an extra week.

"Yeah, I'm really happy" I grinned.

"Speaking of... I have something to tell you!" her expression suddenly changed to a serious one making me wonder what she could possibly want to tell me that was so serious.

"What is that?" I sat up right on my bed while holding my iPod firmly.

Without saying anything, Trina raised the back of her hand for me to see and I got the message. A shinny engagement ring adorned her middle finger. "Oh my God, it was about time!"I exclaimed with a grin.

"He proposed today!" Trina squealed again. She looked so much happier than the last time I'd seen her and that made me even more happier.

"I'm so happy for you sis. I'm happy for you and Tayo"

"I'm happy for you and Josh too. When are you guys coming back? We need to celebrate Boshua" Trina said making my grin grow wider.

"Well, Sandra and Daniel's wedding is next month, so I guess by then, we'll both be there" I assured Trina.

Everything seemed perfect and I hoped they would remain perfect. Joshua was already recovering his memory. Both the good ones, and the bad ones. We'd visited the doctor so many times and he said the process might be slow but he'd definitely remember everything, eventually.

I thought the day would come when I would call Josh the love of my life. I thought all hope was lost for us after I found out his dad had assaulted me and wanted to kill me, but fate proved me wrong... As always.