07| Secrets

ISABELLA

So it turns out that the new girl doesn't look that much like me. But there was little resemblance. I don't know what everyone was so worked up about.

No one was like me.
I was unique!

The girl's name was Katerina, how do I know this? It's because for some ridiculous reason, Tayo couldn't stop talking about her during lunch. I even had to drag him to the cafeteria because he wouldn't leave her side.

Who in the 21st century was called Katerina anyway.

It's weird to call and too long to spell!

Don't tell me my name was the same because you could call be Bella instead of Isabella.

I'm I jealous?

Why would I be?

I'm not!

"you're beautiful when you're deep in thoughts" I heard a familiar voice say.

Tayo.

"you startled me" I lied not knowing what else to say. I was uncomfortable whenever Tayo complemented me like that. It felt weird.

"I know" he chuckled slightly "so what's on your mind?"

"nothing important"

"are you sure?---"

"aren't you supposed to be with Katerina or Daniel?" I cut him off rudely.

"Daniel and Sandra are talking about something important and I didn't want to disturb them and Trina is in the principal's office or something" Tayo said ignoring my rude tone.

Trina?

Oh so now he has a nickname for her?

Just great!

This was only the first day.

"Okay" was all I said.

We were the only ones in the class since it was the second break and we only had two more periods before dismissal.

"are you angry with me?" Tayo asked

"I'm not"

"I still like you a lot" he blurted out.

"I don't think Daniel would like the sound of that"

"you guys aren't dating anymore" he said.

Although he was right, I knew Daniel wouldn't like what he said.

It was true Tayo liked me and Daniel knew about this and found a way to keep Tayo in his shadows while I was dating him.

I kissed Tayo.

I cheated on Daniel.

It was years ago, when I was still dating Dan. We were both drunk and it just happened.

We acted normal and moved on. It didn't affect our friendship. But Daniel didn't know, he still doesn't know.

Don't ask me how I feel about Tayo because I can't explain it. I was bad at explaining my feelings towards someone.

The bell rang and students began entering the class and Tayo finally left.

***

I got home feeling very tired and hungry. Joy finally got rid of Bruno, the dog that almost bit my ass off the day I came home.
Apparently, it was a gift from her idiot of a boyfriend.

Don't get me wrong but who gives his girlfriend a bulldog for a romantic gift?

In no time, we were all enjoying the amala and ewedu in front of us or at least I was enjoying it because the worms in my stomach were already singing.

Joy was getting ready to leave for the University in two weeks from now. I would miss her but not that much I guess.

"I like your ring mum, where did you get it?" that was me talking. The ring on my mum's finger was gorgeous. It even had a diamond in it. It almost looked like an engagement ring but I knew better.

Hold on...

Why is she wearing it on that finger?

Wearing a ring on that finger means...

"I'm engaged" she confirmed my suspicions.

Abeg shift lemme faint...

Hope you enjoyed the chapter
Please show me love by voting
It means a lot!
Don't forget to follow me and check out my works.
Thanks!