05| Lookalike

"This assignment should be submitted tomorrow, and if you copy from Google I'll know" Mr. Eze shouted before leaving the class.

How does he expect us to not write from Google. For the love of God this is the 21st century.

"this man is not even serious" Sandra said obviously thinking the same thing I was thinking.

"Mr. Kofi isn't in school" a boy shouted before some people chorused "free period". They were behaving like children but I don't blame them, I mean who doesn't like free periods especially if it's further maths you're having.
Not to mention that Mr. Kofi is very grumpy, especially on Mondays.

"hey" Joshua said suddenly appearing in front of I and Sandra's seat.

I've been here for a week and I still feel tensed whenever I see him.

"hey!" Sandra and I chorused like little girls who just saw their daddy.

"so I was wondering if you would like to go out..." he paused before scratching the back of his neck shyly.

Is he about to ask what I think he's about to ask?

Wait....

Who is he asking?
Sandra or me?

He seems to be looking at me.

That doesn't mean he's asking you, idiot.

"of course she would like to go out with you" Sandra blurted out smiling sheepishly.

What the hell...

"OK, Saturday night then" he winked at me before going back to his seat.

"are you crazy? I barely know the guy" I whispered to Sandra.

I'm trying to prove to everyone that I've changed and going out with Josh isn't a good start.

"babe calm down, he only asked you out its not like he asked for your hand in marriage" Sandra looked disappointed.

"whatever" I murmured "and he doesn't even have my address or even my number"

"don't stress yourself, I already gave him all the info when he approached me" Sandy said making my mouth drop open.

Like seriously!, one day this girl will collect my bride price and marry me off or even sell me and I wouldn't know what was happening.

But come to think of it, what will she gain by pushing me into a relationship. She never did this before.

"how can you do such a thing without my permission?" if it was someone else, I would literally be shouting right now.

Before she could defend herself, another handsome fella interrupted us. It was Daniel.

"just wanted to make sure we're still on for Saturday" he blurted out.

You must not be serious right now.

"what do you mean? We didn't make any plans" I said trying to recall if he mentioned anything to me.

"when last did you check your phone?" he asked instead of answering my question. I pulled out my iPhone from my bag and checked our group chat.

Sandra, Tayo and Daniel had made plans to go to the Ikeja mall on Saturday and while they were chatting about it, I must have been sleeping.

Damn it.

"oh my God, I didn't see this"

"but you can still come right?" Daniel asked raising his eye brows.

I gave Sandra the "see what you did" look and I could tell she didn't know how to break the news to Daniel.

"Bella has a date on Saturday" I can't explain the expression that was evident on Daniel's face. He was shocked. More like sad.

"with who?" his voice was low and shaky. Once again, I hurt him.

"Joshua" Sandra was all smiley about the whole thing which made me confused and a bit angry.

"well you can cancel" Dan firmly demanded. Jealousy lacing in his voice.

He didn't even say I should postpone he said CANCEL.

"Daniel abeg you can't control her life just because you're one of her best friends" Sandra said

See this yeye girl oo, so he can't control my life but you can control it by sending me on a date.

"that's enough," I said before Daniel could say anything stupid."what time are going to be done?"

"I don't know, I was thinking till dawn. We've missed you and we haven't had fun since you came back" Daniel replied.

"I can't stay till dawn. Five o'clock I'm out"

"okay" he reluctantly agreed

"that's my girl!" Sandra hailed. I seriously don't know what's up with her.

Daniel went back to the seat he shared with Tayo and my eyes met with Joshua's and he winked at me. I smiled sheepishly like a lottery winner.

Stephanie wasn't in school, probably she was sick or something. She's the annoying spoilt brat I met at the airport who also happens to be Joshua's twin sister.

Poor Joshua.

Miss Nola, the principal's secretary walked in with a tall girl behind her, probably a new student.

"class, this is Katherina. She's a new student so make her feel welcomed" Miss Nola said before the girl took a seat in the front row where Stephanie is supposed to be seated.

You can trust my class to start whispering and gossiping like market women selling pepper.

I didn't look at the girl closely enough but she... looked a little like me?

"do you have a twin sister and didn't tell me?" Sandra whispered to me.

This is crazy....

Unbelievable....

A/N
Hey people!
Sorry for the late update but bare with me. I was this close to deleting this novel due to lack of motivation or writers block, I don't know.
But stay tuned for some drama.
Please vote, comment and share. Thank you.