20| Home

Dedicated to AnkaraCommunity

Paris, France.

Joshua's POV
Going on a business trip wasn't exactly how I imagined spending my Christmas holiday but I had no choice. I returned to my hotel suite after a long day hoping to get some sleep but no, my phone rang.

"Yes, Amanda" Amanda was my three year old fiancee.

"I just called to check on you. Your mom wants to know if you'll make it back in time for the Christmas party," Amanda said.

"Yeah, I'll see what I can do but I'm not making any promises 'cause I still have some work to do here," I replied honestly.

"Okay, see you then. Love you," she said with an emotionless tone.

"Love you too," she hung up before I let out a yawn and stretched out. I was about to take a bath when that thing started ringing, again. This time, it was Stephanie calling.

"Hey," I greeted as soon as I picked the call.

"Bella's manager called," was the first thing I heard. Even after seven years, my heart still skipped a beat at the mention of  her name.

"what did he say, did she agree?" I asked with all interest

"Calm down Josh. Remember you have a fiance waiting for you here so whatever your plan is with all this scheming, it'll blow up in your face one way or the other," Stephanie said. I didn't know what I was trying to achieve with everything I was doing but I was ready to find out.
"Just trust me Steph," I said "so what did she say?"

"Well, she hasn't said anything yet but she is coming to Nigeria according to her manager," Stephanie said

"I'll be there tomorrow,"

"I'll be waiting," she hung up. I felt like jumping on my bed out of excitement. I was finally going to see Bella again after seven years. Although during those seven years I never missed any of her movies, TV interviews and even red carpet appearances. That's how hung up I was on her.

##

Isabella's POV
Lagos, Nigeria

"Yeah, my flight just landed. I'm just waiting for my step dad," I told Harry over the phone.

"Okay, well, behave yourself while you're there. I don't want to see you on the news or something," Harry joked.

"Ha! You bet. Did you know that no one has even asked for my autograph or a picture since I got here? I mean, an award winning Hollywood actress is sitting in a Nigerian airport and all these people here can do is stare like goats," I said. The toddler seated next to me began staring at me like I was crazy. I smiled at him and he began crying.

Such a rude boy.

"You don't expect everyone to bow at your feet do you?"

"Whatever Harry, I have to go now, bye" I hung up and let out a heavy sigh before looking around to see an elegant, yet sophisticated looking lady seated on my right.

"What?, is there something on my face?" she asked when she noticed I was staring.

"No nothing, sorry" I immediately looked away to avoid any further embarrassment.

"Hold on. I know you. You played Chelsea in All shades of my heart. I love that movie," I smiled broadly because someone had finally recognized me. The movie she was blabbing about was my most recent one and it was a romance movie. Among all the movies I'd done, that was the most boring for me although I played the main character.

"Yeah, it was a nice movie," I lied

"So I'm guessing you're back for the holidays?"

"Yeah, it's been awhile,"

"And congrats. I heard about your engagement," she said looking down at my engagement ring.

"Oh, thanks" it was then that I saw the ring on her finger, "looks like you're engaged too"

"Yeah. My fiancee is very... charming," she said while I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at her cheesiness.

"I can tell," I faked a smile

"We plan on getting married sometime next year," she said. Who cares? I didn't ask for that info.

"That's good. The earlier the better right?"

"Yeah," she smiled deviously. I had a feeling that there was something about her that I was going to hate but hopefully I'd never get to see her again. "Em... My company is having this Christmas party on Tuesday and I'd love for you to come. It would be a nice spotlight for a celebrity like you anyway,"

"I'll think about it," I lied. I was definitely not going to come.

"Okay, here's my card," she opened her purse and gave me a card she withdrew from it, "give me a call if you make up your mind"

"Sure, I will" I lied again but this time, with a fake smile.

"By the way, I'm Amanda" she said. She smiled mischievously while shaking my hand. I knew she was playing some kind of game with me but unfortunately, Isabella Nwankwo didn't have her time.

Happy New Year!!! 🎊
We made it to another year and I can't thank God enough for life.

So what do you think about this chapter?? Who's ready for some adult drama??

Please read next part!!