01| Home sweet home

I got outside the airport to get a cab and although there were cabs everywhere I couldn't seem to get one that would charge a reasonable amount of money. I had stopped like five cabs already and the were saying 10k, 15k one ugly looking driver even extended his own to 20k so I decided to wait for another cab.

While waiting I remembered that I should probably give my sister a call to let her know my flight had landed.
She wasn't picking up. Where the hell did she throw her phone into this time?
So I decided to text her

"Joy, my flight has landed and since you and mom decided to be so heartless by not picking me up, I'm still stranded here. Call me"

I sent and put my phone in my pocket, before I heard someone whining like a baby.
It happened to be a girl standing close to me I think she was also waiting for her ride. She was on the phone and I took the opportunity to scan her outfit. She looked like she came from a wealthy family judging from the designers handbag to the Gucci top and I'm pretty sure that she had an iPhone with her.

"mummy, Akin is so fired!" she exclaimed "my flight landed ages ago and the idiot is no where to be seen "she paused "well I think you should start looking for another driver coz I'm fed up here, the scotching sun is ruining my fair skin"

I couldn't help but laugh a little but tried not to make it noticeable.

"hey you what are you laughing at?! " I heard her say. Bursted

"nothing " I managed to say. She looked at me from head to toe with a disgust look on her face.

"mtcheww " she sighed before going back to her conversation.
Her ride came almost immediately and the driver came out to help her with the luggage as she kept on nagging and shouting and on the poor man who was old enough to be her grandpa. Spoilt brat. She might even be my age mate set.

The heavens finally answered my prayers and I was able to get a cab at 5k and I didn't hesitate to hop in.

***************************

I finally got home and I knocked on the gate but no one answered. I knocked several times and still no reply. I pushed the gate hard enough to find out it was open and I managed to get my luggage through and walked into the compound.
I heard a dog barking and I suddenly got scared because we didn't have a dog. As I was still trying to recall if Joy told me anything about a new dog, out of nowhere a bulldog approached.

"haa!! "I screamed like in the movies at the same time leaving my luggage on the floor and thank heavens I decided to wear trousers coz I ran for my life that day.

I ran into the sitting room and slammed the door shut. As I bent down and kept breathing like a horse my sister ran downstairs on hearing the door.

"Bella!, you're here!, welcome home "

A/N
I want to thank everyone that actually considered reading this book.
I don't think that was so bad for a first chapter. I'd love to hear what you think so Comment!
Vote!! and
Follow!!!

Thanks 😁😀💙💜