19| Christmas

To F_a_j1010

Los Angeles, California

One of my favorite seasons of the year. Christmas. And spending it with Chase was the best. Chase was my fiancee. He was tall, had blonde hair and he was very handsome and caring. We had attended NYU (New York University) together where I was studying Theatre Arts and he was majoring in Business Administration. Through the years, my life had turned out pretty good. I was proud of myself. I had featured in three movies and many commercials and interviews and I was cast in a movie that was going to start shooting the following year. Yes, I was a celebrity.

"It's good to have a nice meal in a fancy restaurant without paparazzi everywhere" Chase said after we took our seats opposite each other. The restaurant was really fancy and expensive.

"Yeah, that's one of the disadvantages of being a celebrity," I agreed while scanning the menu for a decent meal.

"So when do you start shooting?" Chase asked.

"Uhm...January. I think. I'll be away for a few months did the seasons premiere" Chase motioned for a waiter to come take our order.

"Where exactly?" Chase asked before a female waiter appeared in front of our table.

"it's in Texas," the waiter took our order and she began staring at me like I was some goddess.

"Oh my gosh! Isabella, I'm a big fan. I love all your movies," the blonde waitress blurted out.

"Thank you, I appreciate that," I said with the smile I usually reserved for paparazzi and the red carpet plastered on my face. The waitress came back with our food and served us with the same sheepish smile she'd used to acknowledge me.

"To think there wouldn't be paparazzi," Chase joked under his breath.

"If paparazzi were here, I doubt we'd eat anything," I replied with the same playful tone. We ate our meal in silence but I knew it was only a matter of time before Chase asked a question.

"So, when do I get to meet your parents?," Chase asked while placing his right hand on my left hand. I loved Chase but sometimes he was too pressuring. We were engaged for six months now and he already wanted to meet my parents.

"Chase, we've only been engaged for six months," I said and he withdrew his hand with disappointment written on his face.

"I've known you for seven years Bella," he protested with his American accent, "sometimes it just feels like you don't want this wedding to push through as much as I do. You only care about your fucking career,"

"You know that's not true Chase," he looked really pissed at me and maybe he was right. Maybe I was so focused on my career because I'd wanted to make something praiseworthy out of my life. "Look, I love you and one day we will get married but now -"

"But now you're too busy with Hollywood. I get it," he stood up and looked down at me with disappointment, "when you're ready, you know where to find me," he walked out of the restaurant leaving me to pay for our meals.

That was exactly why most Hollywood actors and actresses avoided relationships; it came with a lot of complications. I loved Chase but I didn't want our relationship to get in the way of my career.

My phone rang and I looked closer at the screen to see the callers ID to know who was calling. It was Harrison, my manager.

"Yes, Harry what can I do for you?" I asked yawning softly. With the phone on my left hand I handed the waiter my credit card to pay for our meal. The waiter returned my credit card saying that Chase had payed the bill before leaving. So he had some manners after all.

"Bella, we have some... issues" Harry informed me one the line.

"What's the problem? Wait, did Darren Criss say something about me on instagram again?" I opened the door to my car and started my engine. I plugged in my earphone while I drove slowly.

"No, not that. Just stop by my office tomorrow," Harry cut the call before I could protest against driving all the way to his office when I had a tight schedule. Well, I didn't exactly have a tight schedule but going to his office would interfere with my visit to the spar and he knew that too well. Harrison was not only my manager but my closest friend. He was a really funny guy and I loved getting on his nerves.

The following day, I went to Harry's office as requested. I was ready to strangle him if I had driven ten miles for nothing.

"Harry, this better be important," I shut the door behind me and took a seat on the white couch.

"Good morning to you too Bella," he rolled his eyes and smiled at my silliness.

"I hope this isn't about your relationship issues 'cause I need relationship advise myself," I said looking at my well polished nails.

"Don't worry Bella, I think we can discuss that as soon as you get back from Nigeria," said Harry.

"Pardon me?,"

"Well first of all, your movie has been cancelled. The one that you were supposed to start shooting in January," Harry informed me. I was very surprised and at the same time devastated.

"What! But...that movie is worth thousands and millions of dollars" I cried out.

"Yeah, I know but there's nothing we can do," Harry sat beside me, and continued "on the bright side, I got a call from another producer and they want to cast you in a movie about your life"

"What?, that's ridiculous. No one knows anything about my life so what makes them think they can do a movie about it?" I wasn't ready to relive my life. I wanted to move forward not backwards. Doing a movie based on my life story was only going to bring back memories.

"Well, they offered to pay twice the amount you were offered for the cancelled movie," Harry said

"Are you for real?" I was stunned. My phone rang and it was Katerina calling. I picked the call knowing that Katerina only called me when the information she needed to pass was very important.

"Hello, Trina" I greeted

"Isabella you need to board the next fight to Nigeria and get your ass here immediately!" she commanded

"What the hell Katerina? Do you know how busy I am? You don't just expect me to fly across the world without giving me a good reason" I hollered back at her on the line.

"Your mother is very ill, the company is crumbling down in my hands and our parents are getting a divorce. Are those reasons good enough for you Isabella?" she asked sarcastically.
My face turned pale and tears formed in my eyes, "I'm boarding the next flight home" I cut the and stood up to leave.

"What's the problem?" Harry asked with concern.

"Well, it looks like I'm going home for Christmas,"

Please comment and share!
Oh and Merry Christmas 🌲 😘