chapter 31

Standing in the kitchen staring at her, I thought I knew what Stacey stressed out looked like, but I was wrong. Planning the wedding was making her crazy. It was a year away and she claimed there were hundreds of things to do and because she made me her made of honor I was obligated to help with those things. 

Even more important to her than finding her dress, which was at the top, was the security. She didn't want a repeat of her birthday. Neither did I.

"How do I know it won't happen again?" She asked me desperately shaking my shoulders.

"It won't. Someone very..special is coming." I told her removing her hands from my shoulders.

"Who?" She sat on top of the counter and swung her legs curiously. Well I guess it's better than her being crazy, I thought. 

"Her name is Ayla." I said standing across from her.

"I've never heard of her." She looked puzzled.

"I'm not surprised. She's not from this realm." I explained and then winced 'oops'.

"What?" Jace chimed walking into the kitchen with Tristan following, his eyes on me.

"Do share love." He said coming over and wrapping an arm around my waist.

I paused for a moment. It wasn't well known and sharing could be dangerous. But a powerful stranger was attending their wedding so I guess it was fair.

"You know the fae have their own realm." I stated, "Well..so do the supernatural." Everyone looked baffled at that.

"I don't understand." Stacey said shaking her head.

"It's not common knowledge. The supernatural in this realm are meant to be in this realm, not live in another. But there is a realm for the supernatural, and those few humans who are mated a supernatural being." I said and their eyes almost bugged out of their heads.

"For real?! Another realm of just supernaturals?" Jace asked very excitedly.

"Yes. Only the rare few are aware of the other realms." I said in a tone that made it obvious they were not to share this information.

"Could we go sometime?" Stacey exclaimed like a small child.

"Absolutely not." I shut that idea down immediately and she lowered her eyes instinctively. Jace glared at me for upsetting his mate but said nothing else.

"Why not?" Tristan asked. I looked up at him and gave a grim smile.

"It's dangerous. There isn't a hierarchy like ours. There are the royals of each breed of supernatural and then a..government of sorts that keeps them under their thumb thus keeping everyone under control, but so many beings in one realm..things can get out of hand quickly." I needed them to be aware that trying to go to this realm was off limits.

"But they can come here?" He asked somewhat offended that they could travel here and him not there.

"Like I said, the rare few who know about the other realms may travel, but it is because they are..special, and only may travel for a reason." I explained.

"You know of the realm, and so does the 'special' guest coming to our wedding." Stacey pointed out.

"I am very good at my job. It's extended to other realms as well. And as for your guest, she's very special indeed." They raised an eyebrow so it must have shown just how intrigued I was by her.

"How so?" Jace questioned. "What type of supernatural is she?"

"That is not known." They looked stunned and I spoke before they could ask questions.