Chapter 36

Tristan's Pov

It's been over two weeks since I watched Emma step through that portal. Since the person I love most in this world basically disappeared.

I'm guessing cell phone towers can't connect you to different realms because I can't reach Emma no matter how many times I try calling. And trust me I've called a lot. I filled up her voicemail in the first two days.

I know she said that I wasn't allowed in the supernatural realm because I didn't have permission but my wolf was restless without her here and I couldn't stop thinking up all these horrible scenarios she could be in right now, which wasn't helping.

A knock on my office door shook me out of my thoughts.

"Come in." I commanded.

The head of my third in command, Brent, appeared. He slowly walked in, taking note of the broken coffee table that lay in shambles against one wall. The result from a few days ago when I got frustrated that all I could reach was Emma's voicemail.

"What is it?" I tried to contain my frustration the best I could. It was getting harder without her.

"There's two rogues on the outer perimeter of the town." He informed me glancing at the table again.

"Dispose of them." I said and looked back to my computer. Currently the search was for "supernatural realm." It wasn't promising.

"It's a man and his son. They wish to become pack members." Brent told me and I glanced up.

"Fine. Take them to the house and have them investigated. If they come back clean they can be initiated with the other members on the next full moon." I motioned with my hand for him to leave but he still stood there so I glanced up and raised my eyebrow in a challenge. He quickly dropped his eyes and bowed his head in submission. It made my wolf swell with pride that we were feared.

"Is there something else?"

"Jace and Stacey are back from their honeymoon. You wished to be informed when they were." He bowed his once more and left.

I shot up quickly from my chair and grabbed my car keys that were sitting on the edge of the desk and sprinted to the garage.

I drove quickly, breaking more than a few laws. They had decided to move out of my house, the pack house, and opted to still live in the community where it was safest but in one of the houses further back for privacy. And while I was glad that they were going to be out of the house so I wouldn't have to be witness to their..activities.. At this moment it was inconvenient.

I pulled up and jumped out of the car, leaving it running with the keys still in the ignition. We were near the woods so no one was around and if someone did drive back here and did dare to steal the alpha's car, then more power to them. I ran inside searching for the two only to freeze when I did.

"Put some clothes on right now!" I shouted covering my eyes.

"What the-" Jace started to shout but when he realized who it was he quickly did as he was told.

"You can open your eyes now." Stacey laughed. I slowly removed my hand, peeking through my eyelids just to make sure they were both fully clothed.

"I'm going to skip over the awkwardness and never bring it up again because you're my sister," I pointed to Stacey, "and you're my beta," I pointed to Jace, "and it would cause problems."

"I'm down with that." Jace nodded and we fist bumped. Stacey just rolled her eyes at us.

"Stacey I need you to contact Daina and get her here ASAP." I demanded.