Chapter 35

"Hello, my name is Dr. Evans and I need your help." I stared at the young man sitting on the cot. He may be young but he's had to endure more trauma than most wolves will ever have to experience in their lifetime.

"And why would I help you? You're a traitor." He word laced with venom, and he was glaring at me with hard eyes that would have made a guilty person look away in shame. It only made me stand taller.

"You should be careful who you aim those accusations at," I warned.

"I will do and say whatever I want. Then maybe you'll kill me quicker." He made a move to stand up.

"You will sit and you will obey." My wolf flashed in my eyes and he flinched in fear.

"Who are you?" He asked. The disrespect that was previously there was now replaced with curiosity.

"Not someone you want to disrespect freely. And my mate is the crown alpha. So you will obey and show me respect." His eyes widen and he bowed his head in submission. I didn't really want to play the whole mate card but I needed him to cooperate.

"I'm sorry, please forgive me. I just assumed you we-" I cut him off with a raise of my hand. I didn't care who he thought I was, we were wasting time.

"Nothing to forgive. The government is hunting a friend of mine. They want her and her powers, and I can't let that happen. You've been here longer than most. You know how things operate. I need your help to stop them. And in return I will get you out." He glanced at the wall in concern. I knew on the other side of the wall lay a small fae child taken from his home.

"I will get you all out." It was a promise. And I knew he heard the determination in voice because he nodded.

"What do you need from me?" He asked.

"Intel. I got as much as I could from Dr. Porter but it's not enough. Walters kept her in the dark about some things. I need to know if he's ever came down here personally to see you? Ever told you anything?"

He shook his head, "No, Walters never came to see me. Serena on the other hand, he was interested in her. Never talked to her that I saw but he was interested in her powers."

"She's a witch," I mused. I need to find out what kind of tests they ran on her. Whatever they did to her was probably just practice for what they have planned for Ayla.

"Alright that helps, thanks. I have to do some research and planning but in a couple of days I'll have a plan and we'll be getting out of here." He seemed content with the answer so I walked towards the door but stopped and turned back with a grimace.

"One more thing," I looked at him with regret in my eyes, "I have to keep up appearances. I can't stop the experiments."

"I know." He lay back on his cot, accepting the pain that was to come.

I shut the door to his cell and walked backed down the hall, pausing at Serena's cell. She glanced up and her red eyes bore into mine.

Well this would either hurt like bitch or she'd trust me and not hex me to death. I pressed the intercom button by the door.

"I'm going to enter your room and you're not going to hit me with a spell." It wasn't a question but a command.

She glared at me and whispered under her breath. Her cot flew into the window, splintering into pieces. She raised an eyebrow when I didn't flinch.

I pressed the intercom button again. "Okay, one more time because I think you might be hard of hearing." She glared daggers at me for the insult. Vampires had enhanced hearing and clearly she was sensitive to her heritage.