chapter 18

I was cleaning my guns in the basement when I heard a knock at the door. I cocked my head and then my gun. I wasn't expecting any visitors. I walked up the stairs quietly and approached the door slowly, quickly putting the gun into the flower vase when I noticed it was Tristan. Just because he knew what I did for a living, didn't mean I had to broadcast it.

I opened the door, "Hi. I wasn't expecting you.." I trailed off.

"Yeah sorry I meant to call and then forgot." He said and I stepped to the side to let him in the house.

"It's alright. Would you like some coffee?" I asked heading to the kitchen.

"Sure." I made him a cup, handing it over. I noticed he was looking slightly anxious.

"Everything okay?" I asked concerned.

"Yeah. Well, no but it's not like life or death." He chuckled.

I stood there waiting for him to say something. He said it wasn't life or death so I wasn't worried.

"Well, remember our trip to Australia, and I had to work the whole time?" He asked and I nodded. Yeah I hung out with Sophie that whole week. I had fun, so I confused to where this was going.

"Well I told you I would make it up to you, so I planned a trip for us to go to Italy." He told me and I swore my heart was beating faster than normal. That is really sweet of him.

"Well I made the reservations for next week." I rose an eyebrow. He was only giving me a week's notice?

"Okay. That's sounds great so why are you looking all grumpy?" I was confused. Did he not want to go to Italy?

"Well my family found out about our trip and made reservations..at the same hotel." He informed me scowling. Ah, so he didn't want his family coming along.

"I think it's wonderful that they're coming." I said and he looked at me apprehensively.  

"Really?" He asked disbelieving.

"Yeah. I've never been on a family vacation before, it'll be fun." He smiled and walked over to me. He stood so close our chests were brushing against each other. He put his hands on my hips and leaned in closer. His scent was filling the air and making me dizzy.

"You're amazing, do you know that?" Our noses now touching. His breath was hitting my lips making them part instinctively.

"Yeah but you could say it more often." I grinned, reaching to put my arms around his neck so I could pull him closer.

"You're amazing." He said and finally pressed his lips against mine. His mouth was so warm it sent tingles all the way down my body. He tentatively ran his tongue over my bottom lip, I opened with a soft moan.

And that was the last of the soft kissing because he gripped my hips and lifted me on top of the counter. He stepped closer and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He moved his mouth to my neck, his warm breath making me shiver. I gripped his hair roughly as he nipped my neck. I moaned and he bit down harder before pulling away bringing his mouth back to mine.

"That is the sexiest sound I've ever heard." He smashed his lips against mine roughly. He ran his hand up my stomach, before slipping his hand around my back to fiddle with my bra clasp. Just when I thought he was going to take it off he pulled away and snarled.

"What?" I asked dazed trying to pull him back. I was breathing hard, my chest heaving. Then I heard the knock on the door and cursed at myself for letting him affect me so much I couldn't even hear a knock on a door.

I hopped off the counter and fixed my shirt so it looked like nothing was going on. I looked him over and smirked.

"Maybe you should wait here." I tried not to let the laugh escape.

"Why?" He looked confused. I looked down and his gaze followed before he turned bright red.

"Well if she didn't interrupt I wouldn't be having this problem right now!" He grumbled and he stomped behind me as I made my way to the door.

I opened it and Stacey beamed at me, while Jace was standing there with a red face. He obviously knew what we we're doing and Tristan is probably yelling at him through the mind link right now.

"Did you hear about Italy!" She squealed making me wince.

"Yeah, I can't wait." I smiled back at her.

"We have to go shopping! I don't have anything to wear!" She gasped and starting dragging me out of the house.

"Um, Stace? Can I at least put on shoes and get my purse?" I asked looking at me bare feet.

"Oh, yeah sure!" She let go and I headed back in the house. I quickly ran behind Tristan.

"Don't let her take me!" I whined. Stacey stomped into the house and made her way to the kitchen.

She put her hands on her hips, "Well?"

"I uh can't go." I said peeking over Tristan's shoulder.

"What?! No you have to! We haven't been shopping in like..." I saw her thinking it over.

"Like a week." I said and she glared.

"We're hanging out today." Tristan said to his sister who pouted. Jace walked over to her and started pulling her out of  the house despite her protests.

"But, but shopping!" She shouted making me laugh.

"We'll go shopping when we're in Italy!" I yelled after her.

Then I turned to Tristan, "Um I actually do need to go shopping, I don't have any summer clothes here." He smiled and nodded while leading me to the door.

"What is it with you guys and not letting me leave the house in shoes." I laughed. He looked down at my bare feet and then smiled sheepishly.

The week went by pretty fast and before I knew it, it was time for Italy. I lugged my suitcase down the stairs and set it by the door. I went to the basement and grabbed the briefcase which held a few guns and trackers. I couldn't take any chances. We were going to another country, I needed to be prepared.

I was heading back upstairs when I heard the knock on the door. I ran up the rest of the way and opened the door to see a smiling Tristan.

"Ready?" He asked holding a hand out for my luggage.

"Yep!" I smiled and walked out locking the door behind me.

He drove us to the airport, his parents and sister following us. When we got there we went through security with only a few minor problems.

When my weapons briefcase went through the scanner and beeped they took me aside and patted me down even after I showed them my license to carry. Tristan wasn't happy with the whole patting me down situation and nearly took some guy's head off trying to get to me. He was held down by six security guys before he calmed down enough and could be released.

Then we boarded their plane and it was smooth sailing from there. Well until his parents pulled out the itinerary for our trip.

"You planned our trip?" He asked his mom incredulously.

"Well I didn't want us just sitting around the hotel for two weeks!" She said pulling the itinerary to her chest protectively when Stacey tried to snatch it from her.

"Mom I'm not spending my vacation going everywhere you want!" She whined.

"Actually it was our vacation," he pointed to him and me, "and you all kind of invited yourselves along."

"Details." His mom waved her hand dismissively.

He leaned back on the couch and grumbled. I smiled and cuddled to his side. He wrapped his arm around me and closed his eyes. He drifted off to sleep and eventually so did I.

When I woke up we were only an hour from the airport. I looked out the window and started getting excited. I loved traveling. Probably the best perk of my job was that I got to travel the world, but protecting Tristan and his family meant that I was grounded for a while and I was starting to miss traveling.

When we landed I bounded out of the plane and breathed in the air. I smiled at Tristan who smiled back. This was going to be the best two weeks ever.