chapter 28

I knocked on the office door and waited for permission to enter. When he said I could come in I opened the door and walked in cautiously. He looked up at me briefly before going back to whatever he was doing on his computer.

"So I'm going out of town for a couple days." I started. I expected him to whip his head up and glare at me but he didn't.

"When are we leaving?" He asked. I was very confused. I walked in bracing myself for a fight and he's letting me go.

"My flight leaves at two." I said warily, still expecting him to bite my head off.

"Alright I'll be ready by one." His voice dismissing.

"Sweet thanks I didn't th-" I paused. Then went over the conversation again.

"Wait what?"

"I'll be joining you wherever you're going." He stated.

"Oh no you won't."

"Oh yes I will. You don't have your abilities." He pointed out. 

I snorted, "And whose fault is that?"

He continued as if I didn't interrupt. "Meaning you will be more vulnerable. Also I'm not giving you a chance to leave me again."

"You're not coming." I crossed my arms.

"Dammit Emma!" He slammed his hands on the desk so hard I flinched. "If you want to go at all then I'm coming. And if I think you might try and leave without me, I will handcuff you to me right now!"

"Fine." I hissed.

"Fine." He snarled, "Now leave." He sat back down and started typing away.

I slammed the door behind me and heard him growl. I smiled at his annoyance.

"Eavesdropping Stacey?" I asked as I walked past the corner and down the stairs.

She appeared from behind the plant. "You shouldn't push him you know."  

"It's fine." I sank down in the couch.

"It's not. He's unstable. He hasn't been himself since you left, nothing's changed because you're back." She sat down next to me.

"He'll go back to himself in no time don't worry so much." I told her.

"You should worry more." I looked at her puzzled. "I don't care what you say about knowing nothing about love. I know you love him even if you won't admit it. And if you don't do something you'll lose him to himself."

"Stacey, you don't get it. I'm back. He'll start to get better I swear." He would get better. He'd go back to being his cheery nice self.

"No you don't get it. He's still him, the bad him. He sentences wolves to death even if it's their first offense. He doesn't play with the children in the pack anymore, they're afraid of him. He's angry and dark. And it doesn't matter that you're back because we all know that once you find a way to get that bracelet off, you'll leave again. And when that happens who knows what will happen to him. To us. He doesn't listen or care about any of us anymore. All he cares about is making sure you don't leave him again. Emma please. You're the only one who can save him. And despite how he is right now, I know he can save you to."

I scoffed, "Save me from what?"

"From you're fear of being loved and alone." She looked at me with pity in her eyes and I hated it.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I looked away.

"You do." And with that she upped and left. And I sat on that couch for three hours not moving until Tristan came down and said it was time to leave.