chapter 11

I've said it once and I'll say it again, shopping with Stacey is a nightmare. We've been at the same store for three hours trying to find a dress for her birthday party which I remind you is still a month and a half away.

"Ok now turn." She ordered while sitting on the sofa. I sighed dramatically and rotated.

"You look so pretty." She smiled. Of course she could smile, she found her dress the first half hour. The last two and a half we've been shopping for me. She was dressing me up like a doll, I had no reason to smile.

"It's not really me." It was poofy and pink. I looked like a cupcake.

"Fine, back to the dressing room." She pointed and I groaned. I put on the dress I had first picked out when we got here, but Stacey didn't approve of because she said I already wore too much black so she made me put it back. I walked out and stood on the platform.

"I thought I said no...black..." She looked at me in awe, then got the biggest smile on her face and started cheering.

"That's it! That's the one! You look gorgeous!" She exclaimed.

"Finally." I huffed. I turned and look in the mirror. It was a simple floor length black dress. It was tighter at the top and flowed slightly at the bottom. Slight detailing and the top, it had a slit all the way up to mid thigh and was backless. Simple and classy but loose enough I could move and conceal a gun.

There was movement out of the corner of my eye. I looked out the window at the black van that had been parked there since we arrived. A man had gotten out and was leaning against the door. I noticed the gun on his hip and was immediately on alert. I quickly changed out of the dress and handed it to Stacey.

"Hey why don't you get our dresses wrapped and I'll get us some coffee from across the street." I handed her my credit card.

"Okay." And she basically skipped over to the counter.

I walked out to the car and grabbed the gun I kept under the front seat. I screwed on the silencer and headed towards the van. The man came at me instantly, without hesitating I shot him. The door to the van slid open and three more guys came out. One jumped at me and I shot but while he did that another came up behind me and grabbed me around the neck. The other one started towards me. I grabbed onto the guy's arms that were around my neck and used his weight to hold me up. I kicked off of the other guy and the one who was strangling me slammed against the van releasing me. I grabbed the knife from my belt and stabbed him in the neck before going after the other. I rolled and grabbed my gun off the ground and shot him before he could stab me and he dropped to the ground.

I looked around to see if anyone had noticed what was going on but surprisingly no one had. I looked across the street into the dress shop and saw the women handing Stacey two boxes, so as quickly as I could, I stuffed the men in the back of their van and then went in the coffee shop.

I got back to the car just as she had finished putting the dresses in the back. She looked at me and furrowed her brows.

"Everything okay? You look a little flustered." She asked slightly concerned.

"What? Oh yeah no I'm fine, some guy just bumped into me when I was in the shop and I spilt the coffee." I lied and handed her her cup.

"Oh okay, well lets get going, Tristan wants to hangout with you tonight." She winked and I hated how I blushed.

Great, I thought. These people want to do something all the time, I'm barely getting any work done. I texted the agency that a clean up crew was needed and then drove off.

When we walked in to the house Tristan and Jace were standing there waiting for us. I fake gagged when Stacey when over to Jace and they started kissing. Jace flipped me off and I laughed.