43.

The sound of laughter and the smell of great food created by a talented chef filled the dining room of the townhouse. The dinner party being held by the popular engaged couple was in full swing. A private one, they called it, one to know their new family better.
Raizon and Arianna's names have been on countless tv shows, magazines and newspapers when word got out of their engagement. Interviews were being requested, paparazzi dared to follow them and unlikely fans stopped them in the street when they got the chance. Arianna not one for attention had a hard time at it but with her fiance's support and fierce protection, she grew comfortable with it. Raizon was still on lockdown but that didn't stop him from running his empire. He was looking forward to the corrective surgery and what happens next.

Sitting at the head of the long dinner table, Raizon looked at the familiar faces and inwardly smiled. Not once did he thought this scene before him, would have been his future. After his father's death, he made it his duty to focus on his immediate family and the legacy that was left behind. The universe laughed in his face with that one. All it took was the smile from a certain brown-skinned beauty and her tough as nails attitude to change that. A jolt of awareness seared through his hand and straight to his heart. Looking down he smiled at the small hand over his, he smoothly turned over his to tangle their fingers together. The two sat at the head of the table with Arianna's brothers on the left and Raizon's best friends Gio, Hanes, and Arion on the right.  Turning to her, Raizon was met with the soft smile of his love, questioning brown eyes caught him in a trance, allowing him to answer her silent question of worry with a kiss. "I'm okay, kitten," he whispered against her lips. Lost in their own world, the two didn't see the approving looks on Kenny and Kory's faces nor the cheesy grin on Hanes's face. Arion had the look of respect on his, thinking of another goal his mentor just formed unknowingly. Gio was pleased by it all, he did warn his boss and best friend that the woman by his side will bring him to his knees.

"I know. There's still time for me to pack and join you in France," she offered. He didn't answer right away. He was distracted by the soft pillowy touch of her lips against his. The way her dark eyes were bright and trusting, making him feel like the luckiest bastard alive. The fire that coursed through his veins that sets his heart beating wildly and for his cock to go rigid was incredible. Amazement always fills him when this happens and its a regular occurrence. He prays that this feeling will never fail. A long life with her was his dream.

"The girls will be disappointed, my love. The bachelorette party they planned will go unwanted. Though I want you by my side every minute, every hour, I know that's not possible. Enjoy these next few days with your friends and we will see each other at Gigi and Stephen's wedding."

He chuckled at the cute pout forming on her lips, making her look adorably sexy. After dinner, Raizon will be leaving the country for France where Aikido was preparing for his arrival. Being regulated to a crutch or wheelchair wasn't his cup of tea. He wishes to be up and moving for his brother's wedding and also walk his bride down the aisle when she has his last name. 

"Fine. I can't disappoint them. It will be nice to let go after all that has happened," she agreed. Raizon chastely kissed her lips then nose before releasing a sigh. "You can say that again. Even though there are loose strings to tie up, I want, no need these next two months. Illya will handle things and we will be available. Let's enjoy our time off," he said tracing her pretty pink lips. 

"Let's."

Turning back to their friends, they struck up another conversation before ending their dinner party. Gio and Arion were accompanying Raizon to France while Kory stays with Arianna. Kenny will be flying out for Arianna's wedding, with the chief getting wind of Arianna being his sister, he was involved in many cases to keep Raizon's dealings quiet. At first, he was against the shady dealings but after much explanation of how the French Mafia along with the Russians works, he agreed to be involved.
Sitting in the den, his bags already in the car, Raizon waited for his woman to finish dress so he can have the honor to escort her to her party. Vinny was also lying in wait for his mistress, he will be traveling with her later on. Lying back against the cushion, Ray took in the new house the guys chose for them to live in. It was located in a great suburban area, a few minutes away from their offices and business, great schools and parks nearby and peaceful. The house was big enough to add in security features, their small armory and whatever new addition Arianna will want. He can see a future filled with kids running around the house, dogs barking, laughter filling the air and family running in and out. His gaze around the house found a photo of himself and his father in an over the shoulder embrace. A sad smile took home on his face by the memory that accompanied the photo. It was taken at the charity gala they both attended before he was killed. They held intense conversations during the event and on their way to it. Renith was worried about him and told him outright he was. Advice was given, questions were asked overall, Raizon felt and heard his father's love for him that night when he explained the need to find balance in their world.