9.

Gio and Hanes were currently standing on the backyard patio, watching the compound's dogs being trained and played with by their handlers. They then turned their heads down at the grey pitbull lying at their feet.

"He didn't eat his rations this morning," Hanes said, truly worried about the dog. It has been nearly a month since him and his mistress been in the shoot out. One month, his mistress has been in a coma and his visits to her have been heartbreaking for the coldblooded guard.

"His special blend?" Gio asked. For him, renovating the left wing for Arianna was easy. Michael and Gianni emptied her apartment and designed the room reserved for her, to her liking. Then came Vinny's things. The men thought it was a joke Gianni was playing on them but when they saw the boxes with the dog's name on it, they were shocked. He had a box filled with collars and harnesses, all in different colors and design. One box for clothing, every season was catered for. Shoes, scarves and hats, the dog literally had a rain poncho. Another box contained his doggie bowls and toys, don't forget his water bottles and on the go food containers. Doggie bags were included in that box also, correction, scented doggie bags. The last box was his food. As Michael explained, Vinny was a rescue. He was in bad shape when he was a pup and had a special diet to keep him moving. Gio and Hanes thought the woman a saint for taking in a dog most feared. She even trained him to protect her but Gianni said it was natural for pits to protect the ones they love.

"Maybe when she gets here, he will be in better spirits. Its unnerving and somewhat sad to see him sulk around the house," Hanes said crouching to pet the dog. It took a while for Vinny to accept the new males and his new environments. Gianni and Michael had to teach the guards the commands he listens to and get the dog associated with them. Vinny was taught to react to protective commands in Italian. This was smart move. No one outside the dog's circle can control him if they don't know this.

"I'll go talk to her care givers. Inform the men. She'll be here in four hours," Gio said turning to re-enter the now bustling house. It was nearing two in the afternoon and the chef was preparing lunch for the men.

"Dion. Prepare extra for the men that are coming with Miss Lincoln," he said to the always moody chef. The older man's response was a mild grunt. He was slightly put out when he was told one of Arianna's caretaker will be intruding on his space till she wakes and can eat solid foods freely. He was thrilled though when Michael told him who Arianna really was. Gio never saw the man smiled in the years he have known him. Apparently, Dion dined at Angela's on his night offs and commended her greatly. Dion wasn't the only one crazy about her, the few guards who were now assigned to the house are men usually in Gianni and his friends detail and got to know the woman from a far.

Gio chuckled to himself. The only person who was successful by not falling the woman was his boss. In other words, he knew Raizon was faking it. He stayed away from Boston for weeks, claiming he was busy sorting out the present threat when he can simply do everything here in his own home. "This will be so fun," Gio muttered, jogging up the stair case and down the hall of the left wing. The master bedroom on this side of the house was once Raizon's when he was younger. Now it was the lady of the house room. Arianna was dubbed the new lady of the house when word was spread of Raizon leaving his two trusted men by her side and ownership of the entire left wing of the mansion.

Knocking on one side of the double doors, he entered the room and was pleased to see the Registered Nurse and her two colleagues setting up the machines and squaring away supplies. They were all in scrubs with their heads covered as they worked even if Arianna wasn't here.

"Nurse Eileen. Is everything to your liking?" he asked the older woman.

"Yes sir. Our rooms are beyond our expectations and the required supplies we've requested are enough to last throughout Miss Lincoln's recovery," she said approaching Gio. The African-American woman was chosen specifically by Michael. She was once his father's caretaker when he experienced a serious stroke and needed home care. She was professional and took great care of her patients. The two nurses were recommended by the hospital, they were both thoroughly checked out and approved by Raizon, himself.