14.

Raizon

I couldn't sleep after leaving her room last night. I felt like a fucking prick addressing her so coldly after acting so..... so caring to her. Truth be told it wasn't an act. It was real. It took everything in me yesterday from not rushing to her room when the alert went off. Second hand news of her panic attack, the doctors visit and getting out of bed met me in the training room on the ground floor. My way of de-stressing was doing combat training.
It didn't do much till I went to see her last night.

Looking into the mirror of my bathroom, I saw the face of a monster.
Hearing her talk about unable to remember what happened to her brought me back to reality and away from the unforgettable moment we fell into. It felt wonderful to have her body against mine, to feel her chocolate skin against my slightly tanned one. Her eyes. Her dark brown eyes framed by those thick lashes caught me by the heart strings.

I fear when she hears who I truly am and how involved I got her friends in this business, she will see me as the monster I am. She will leave me before I actually got the time to have her as mine.
Fixing my messy hair, I took one last look at my self in the mirror and left my room. Walking down the hall of my wing, I can hear Vinny excited barks and her laughter mixed in between. Stepping onto the stair case, I looked across the platform and spotted her being escorted down the left wing stairs by Gio. Dressed in a red and white flowered sundress and a black vans, she was simply beautiful. No make up, unruly curls and glowing skin, Arianna was a natural beauty.

"Morning boss. I'm about to escort Miss Lincoln to your office. The boys will be here in thirty minutes. Breakfast in the sunroom or your office?" Gio asked helping Arianna stand up as we spoke.

I was about to address her by the pet name but she smartly cut me off. "Mr. Delacourde do you think I will be able to just get some fresh air before they arrive?" She asked boldly.
Her question gave me mixed feelings but her raised chin and determined eyes brought my amusement out more. A smile twitched on my lips as I got closer to the two and absentmindedly greeting Vinny.

"Traitor," she whispered under her breath when the pit sat at my feet.

"Gio. Please tell Dion I will have my breakfast in the sunroom and a light snack of fruits or juice for Miss Lincoln. It will be an honor to finish her escort," I said offering my arm to her.

"Certainly, sir," Gio said. I can hear the amusement in his voice as he placed her hand in the crook of my arm. Not once did I avert my gaze from hers. She still held that stubborn look on her face, the smile on my face grew wilder. I wasn't afraid to be open with her, she will be the only one to see my weakness. I don't know why I just made that rash decision when I know in an hour or so she will hate me.

"Shall we, Kitten?" I asked.

She took a deep breath before answering. "I prefer Arianna or Miss Lincoln, Mr. Delacourde. Pet names are for personal friends which we are not," she said sharply.

If you want a man to hurt, let a woman with a sharp tongue do the dirty work.
Her statement made the smile from my face fall and my heart drop.

"You're right. I'm sorry..... Arianna. We should go to the sunroom now," I said softly. The walk to the sunroom was quiet. In my peripheral, I saw how she took in her new environment without a comment and eyed my men carefully. In or out of the house, they are all fully armed, an attack can come anytime of day, one must always be ready. She made no comment with the guns nor the way the maids who averted their eyes away from us.
Reaching the room I quickly seated her and retrieved a cushion to place behind her back. Curious eyes as a cat, she followed my every movement till I was seated before her and right in line of her sight. I watched as her eyes flickered over my face then my sides. Knowing what she was looking at, I removed my holster and placed the guns on a nearby chair.