30.

Arianna was lost for words. She wanted to say something but the hope and seriousness in his eyes silenced her questions. Slumping against his body, she smiled when he instinctively held her in a protective hold. The world around them was quiet, awaiting her answer but the two were in their own bubble. Loving stares with small smiles, light touches with promises of a future, the two were goners.

Miles away with the only connection of video call, Michael was enclosed in his office witnessing a side of his best friend he never saw. Overnight she bloomed into this woman who was probably hidden and it took one man to lure her out. Though his heart ached when the question escaped Raizon's mouth, he knew her answer before she can even voice it. This was her dream. To be loved by a man who was on the same wavelength as her, a man who saw her as his and only his, a man who saw her worthy enough to be his wife. Ari was head over heels in love with Raizon. Though they loved each other once as lovers, their connection was never as strong as the one she had with Raizon. She was actually with the right man. When they were together, he knew that's what she really wanted but wasn't ready to give her. He was enjoying their flexible relationship too much. Life wasn't ready for him to settle, but it was ready for his best friend. Smiling at the scene before him, he gingerly leaned back into his leather chair and waited with everyone else.

The inset on his screen showed the wide giddy smiles of Gianni and Stephen.

Gianni was excited. Ari will officially be his sister, once she says yes of course. He was initially shocked by his older brother's actions but it slowly ebbed away to happiness. Raizon was in love and actually smiling, he was learning to live. 'Father would have been so proud of him,' he thought to himself. Beside him, Stephen was already musing about wedding details for the two, he may be an excellent marksman but he still had his feminine side thanks to his sisters and the woman in his boss' arms.

Arianna raised an eyebrow at the man looking down at her with so much adoration in his eyes.
"Is this proposal some sort of 'to do' thing before we do this op?" She asked.

"It's a 'can't live without you' thing," he replied with a twitch of his lips.

"Don't lie to me, Delacourde. I will shoot you in the balls if it is," she said poking his chest playfully.

"Are you deflecting my question, Miss Lincoln?" Raizon teased before kissing her nose.

Shaking her head, 'no, she nuzzled her nose into his neck before releasing the happy sigh that formed in her chest.

"Yes, I will marry you," she finally answered.

"Fuck yeah," Raizon said aloud before crashing his lips onto hers. Cheers erupted in the room as their boss claimed his queen, solidifying that Arianna was indeed his.

Breaking away from her hold for a moment, Raizon retrieved the ring from the box and reverently placed the ring on her finger.

"Perfect fit," he whispered before placing a kiss on her ring finger. It didn't matter how long they've been in a relationship, Raizon didn't doubt Arianna's love and allowed his heart to lead him. She will always be his.

"Congratulations, ma'am but we must get on with your training."

The steady voice of Night Angel, the only female under Raizon to have a high rank as team leader interrupted their little moment. She along with her brother were a formidable duo in which they are claimed as deadly. By the mention of their names, respect and fear usually follow.

"Certainly, Angel," Arianna replied giving the always stoic woman a soft smile before returning her attention to her fiance.
She gave the couple a slight nod before leaving them be.