23.

Arianna

After my breakdown in my office and Ray comforting me, the rest of the meeting went by great. I actually introduced him to them, when it was said that he was my significant other, the girls who showed interest in him, jaws fell open in shock. It took everything in me not to laugh. Ray made a show by taking Vinny's lead and kissing me soundly. I think he noticed the girls also.

This man. Never ceases to amaze me.

"We have two hours before your doctor's visit. What would you like to do?"

We were in the back of the blacked out SUV, driving away from Angela's, it pained to leave but I felt confident that I was leaving the runnings in capable hands.
Before I can answer him, alerts popped up on our devices simultaneously. "I want to see the restaurants around St. Helen's, after the doctor's, we can visit the OB/GYN," I answered distractedly while opening up an email.

"Very well," he muttered.

The email consisted of the bombing victims and their status, even family records. I released a sigh of relief when I found no permanent or extremely bad injuries.

"I'm keeping their situation as critical, also Michael's. I have to make a statement but will do so after we get you checked out. Do you want to visit or stay with the families and Michael till I'm finished?"

I smiled his way. Overhearing his conversation from earlier, he was apprehensive in including me into this situation but he was trying. I can see it. He was trying to let me make the decision in being part of the underworld he rules. I want to let him see that, I'm not going anywhere, I've accepted all of him. The good and the bad.

"We will both visit the families and we will both be there making a statement on the bombings."

"Then he will know...."

"Then let him. You're not a coward and neither am I. He went after Stephen and me, now Michael. Who knows when he will get close to Gianni. This attack on the boys not only affect you but me also, Ray. Being at your side will show that prick that it takes a lot to break us. I'm not weak, baby, a bit down for the count but soon I'll be back. I know you're scared of me getting hurt and that will be normal. After all, I agreed to be your woman, I can train, get reacquainted with guns and whatever you want me to do. Just don't shut me out," I said. The honesty and conviction were in my voice and I knew he heard it by the acceptance in his eyes and body. That olive green gaze I've grown to love was fixated on me, during my little speech he got hold of my hand. The light squeeze of my hand told me so much.

"You're my weakness, Kitten. Please promise me to follow the guards instruction when we're not together," he said in a low voice.

"I promise. That reminds me, my gun license has to be renewed."

Chuckling lowly, he placed a soft kiss on my lips, threatening to have me lost in his love and touch, I'm so lucky to have him as mine. "You are truly my queen," he said reverently against my lips. My heart was on the brink of bursting by his comment, I was living a fairy tale. I had a man who was truly devoted to me, respects my independence and opinions, even went as far as accepting my possessive pitbull.

"Then I guess I've truly found my king," I returned. Taking back hold of his lips, neither of us took note of the SUV's stationary state. If I can be in his arms, 24/7 then I'll be there forever. A soft knock on the window glass pulled us apart, looking out at our new environment, we laughed in embarrassment at our little faux pas. It was nearing the lunch hour and patrons were already entering Gia's, the one out of two restaurants I've enjoyed visiting on my free time with the guys. Today, I wasn't a patron but the staff's future boss. The handover hasn't been official yet but Raizon already saw me as the boss.