chapter twenty seven

chapter twenty seven homecoming

homecoming

WARNING: this chapter includes mentions of rape and violence, if that is a trigger for you. go ahead and skip it loves.

- flashback -

Things got really good for Sawyer in between the Spring Fling and Bryce's death. When Chloe moved, Sawyer went back to being cheer captain and announced at the beginning of October, it was announced she was up for homecoming queen.

A small thing in such a big world, it was always Sawyer's dream to be homecoming queen. And she had a chance. It was an exciting thing to look forward too after so many months of non stop drama.

The crowning was supposed to be after the game but the nightly events changed a lot of things. Bryce and Sawyer had a plan, but Sawyer got herself in a lot of trouble if she was caught with her best friend's rapist. She didn't want to be there to begin with, she hated Bryce and hated him with every part of her but she grew up with him and knew the effects he had on them. Tyler was just worth more to her than anything.

Bryce and Sawyer met in the back of the school, and he looked at her with nervous eyes, "Are you ready for this?"

Sawyer chuckled at his question, "I've been biting my tongue too long. I'm more than ready." She responded and they took the back entrance into the locker room.

The blonde flattened out her cheer skirt as they walked in, everybody whistling causing her to roll her eyes. She heard her name called a few times before they earned a response from her. 

"Haha, you are all very funny." Sawyer smiled but her expression quickly changed, "Now get lost." She glares at everyone until she got to Montgomery.

Bryce exchanges his hellos before requesting Montgomery to stay by himself, but he wasn't budging so Scott stayed in the locker room.

"Wow, fancy seeing you two. You guys a thing now? I'm sure Jessica wouldn't find that amusing." Sawyer got upset at the sound of Jessica's name being brought up.

"This isn't about us, Monty. We're here to talk to you about Tyler." Bryce said sternly, getting close to his face. "And how you raped him in the bathroom." 

"He told you that?" Monty asks with a chuckle. How was this funny to him? Did he have no soul whatsoever? "I didn't rape him, that's fucking insane." 

"You didn't violate him with a broom handle?" Sawyer asks, viewing this as an opportunity to jump in. 

"That was a joke." But Bryce and Sawyer had the same response. It wasn't a very funny joke.

"You shoved a broom into his asshole and made him bleed. Explain the joke." Bryce says, the intensity of his voice rising. 

"It's like hazing, or whatever." Or whatever. He just thought he could get away with anything, but they weren't going to let that happen. 

"That's not hazing, it's rape." Bryce said. It was an interesting view of Bryce, kinda like the Bryce she knew as a kid. But that Bryce was long gone. 

Montgomery still found a way to play the victim. "Oh you're gonna teach me what rape is? Like what you did to a dozen girls at the school?" 

"He's not going to teach you anything." Sawyer says, aggressively, moving Bryce out of the way. It was her time to talk. "But I will tell you this. You're gonna stay away from Tyler. You're not gonna touch him, you're not gonna look at him, anything." Monty chuckles, which only fumes her fire more. "Have a class with him? Transfer. Pass him in the halls? Take a different hall. I'm gonna send a weekly report to Bryce every week to make sure he knows how Tyler is doing. If we hear one fucking thing about you, if we hear you even so much as looked in his direction, than the cops find out about everything Bryce cared to share with me." Sawyer says, the confidence showing in her presentation. "About Tony's car, about the gun you gave Alex, about how you tried to kill Clay, they will get everything."

Her response caused Monty to get a lot more nervous than he was before, he turned to look at Bryce with anxiety and fear. "What the fuck, man? I thought we were brothers. Why are you doing this?"

Sawyer moved out of the way and Bryce got even closer to Monty, to use his intimidation. "Have a good game brother." And the two stormed out.

Once they were out of the presence of Monty, the tension eased up around the two. Sawyer cleared her throat to talk to Bryce. "I just wanted to say uh, thanks for helping Tyler. Nobody scares someone like Bryce Walker does."

"It's the least I could do." Bryce shrugged, keeping his hands in his pockets. "We always made a good team. Me, you and Justin." The blonde boy said, reminiscing. Being all sweet and sensitive, it worried her but she dropped it.

"And good luck on the homecoming nomination. Even though you don't need it. You will most definitely be their queen, you already are." Bryce says, usually she would be a lot more friendly but he had screwed her over so many times, she lost count and kept the walls up around her.

"Yeah, thanks. I hope the game goes well. I should get going. We have pre-game practice. Thanks again." They exchanged smiles and parted ways.

Little did Sawyer know, that would be the last time she ever spoke to Bryce Walker. And that wasn't even the beginning of the night that was supposed to be so so good for her.

Author's Note: It's finally here, guys. I finally stopped procrastinating and updated this gem. I wanted to give a warning that in no way am I trying to defend Bryce or his actions, I hope you all saw where this chapter was coming from. Besides that, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Please vote and comment, give some feedback. I also have some books that are being updated a lot recently.

More Hearts Than Mine | Supernatural

Trainwreck | Billy Hargrove

That Way | Steve Harrington

The Last Time | True Blood

word count  - 1053