chapter eight

sawyerisflynn : happiness is possible

100 likes

-
"maybe she loved mysteries so much that she became one"
-
the night before she posted the picture she did, she spent hours upon hours will the 'school creep' and learned he was nothing like that.

they didn't just talk in depth about they're on the surface interest, how everyone knew she loved cheer and he loved photography.

they opened up about the smaller things too. tyler loved playing the piano, and surprisingly sawyer wanted to learn. sawyer also enjoyed music, singing, musical theatre. guilty pleasure, ya know?

and the late night ended around 4:15 am, and he walked her home. sawyer's family cars were all out in the front driveway, and even the porch light was on.

"what happens if you get caught?" tyler asks, earning a shrug from sawyer.

"it was worth it" she smiled towards the taller boy. inches away from kissing. she wasn't sure if it was him or her or maybe both that pussied out of it but it didn't happen. and sawyer wished she had the guts to kiss him before he walked away but she just didn't.

"i'll see you monday?" tyler states, in more of a question tone.

"maybe later, maybe sooner" sawyer smirked. that's part of the reason tyler did like the blonde so much, she wasn't average. she was a mystery, she was a social butterfly yet so many people knew so little of her.

sawyer snuck back through her window, and woke up the next saturday morning around 1 pm. tyler had texted her about an hour earlier with a goodmorning text.

she typed in her password to see the full message 'hey goodmorning i just wanted to say i had a lot of fun last night and maybe we can do it again'

sawyer smiled to herself as she looked at her phone while walking down the hallway to the stairs to see her family all sitting in the living room, she saw a look of confusion on her mother's face.

"what kept you up so late that you woke up so late?" sawyer gave off a fake smile

"i was up late talking to jess, she has court on monday. she's terrified. it's bryce walker she's going against." she shrugged, she has told her mom right after the tapes about jess and bryce. sawyer and her mother had a pretty honest relationship, compared to every other teenager.

"it's a poor thing what happened to that girl." her mother said, earning a distracted nod from her daughter who was too busy smiling at her phone.

"sawyer grace" her mother stated, raising her voice to get the girls attention.

"what? oh, yeah. she's not taking it well either" sawyer shrugged.

"who are you talking too so blushy?" she asked as sawyer went to get a bowl of cereal since it was morning to her.

"um no one. and it's not montgomery if that's what you think." saywer chuckled "this guy, he's a school photographer, plays the piano, he's sweet to me" she smiled to herself. was she falling for tyler down?

"and what's this boys name?" her mother asked. she hadn't seen sawyer like this since the first date she went on with montgomery. and even then, she wasn't this happy.

"tyler. tyler down." she smiled, earning a smile from her mother.

"maybe you can teach me how to play the piano today?" she texted him before turning her head up to her mother.

"hey is it okay if i leave for a few hours?" sawyer asked, raising an eyebrow.

"be home by dinner" dinner being at 6 like it was every night. she nodded before finishing her food and going up to her room.

tyler had responded 2 minutes before she checked her phone 'sounds great. my parents are doing some work thing so they'll be gone all day so you can come over whenever'

when she walked into her room, she changed into a dark purple tank top with yellow shorts and brushed through her hair a few times for the natural curls before throwing on her gray birkenstocks.

"see ya later!" sawyer yelled to her family before walking out to her car. she didn't drive it often, mostly because getting rides from other people would make her pay less for gas.

she google mapped the address to tylers house but soon on the ride, she realized she didn't need it. his house was on the map hannah had given out with the tapes and it was just a few houses down from marcus cole.

the blonde parked her car before walking up to the door and knocking. tyler was dressed normally, but his curls were a bit messy. seeing him in such a comfortable state, she smiled. it made her heart happy.

"hey, s, come in" tyler says, holding the door open for her, and closing it after she enters.

"hey, how'd you sleep?" sawyer asked, raising an eyebrow.

"ya know. pretty good considering i fell asleep around five in the morning." he chuckled too himself walking her to the piano.

"spending the whole night with me? you know it was worth it." sawyer laughed, she meant it as a joke. but little did she know, he believed every word she said was completely accurate.

// okay so i wanna end this chapter now bc i wanna figure out whether i should have them kiss or whether i should have them admit feelings or continue to let it be a slow burn.

// i'm being slower with my updates a lot of shit is going on. my boyfriend left me for my bestfriend and it's just like wow but i promise i will get back on track.