chapter twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY

- 1 month after trial -

Sawyer walked into her junior year imagining it would be the best year of her life. She would be head cheerleader and have straight A's but instead she had her close friend commit suicide and two suspensions now on her record.

So now that both trials were over, Bryce vs Jessica and the school vs the Bakers, she enjoyed the opportunity to be able to walk into school without a worry.

It was a Friday, the spring fling was that night. Sawyer had a date but it was a bit complicated now so she was planning to tag along with Justin and Clay and meet Jess and Alex there.

Sawyer opened her locker and put a few books in her locker, planning to close it until she felt a set of hands touch her waist which stopped her activity. She laughs slightly from the ticklish sensation and turns around.

"Tyler!" Sawyer exclaims before wrapping her hands around his neck. "You're back!" She kept her arms around him.

When Sawyer finally let go of him, she couldn't get enough of him. She ran her hand down his cheek with no idea until now how much she really missed him.

"You look great." Sawyer told Tyler

"I feel great. It was great. I uh, I missed you though. I was actually wondering if you wanted to go to the spring fling with me tonight?" He asked her sweetly.

"Oh - oh, of course!! I would love too." Sawyer says with a smile but looks at the ground just a few seconds later. "But there's something I need to tell you."

She takes his hand and walks him to their usual spot. The dark room. But she had no idea who was watching.

As soon as they entered, she put her bag down and looked up at him.

"Look, when you left, I had no idea what was going on between us. And I had no idea how long you would be gone. So I really don't want you to be mad." Tyler looks at her confused and she turns around to sit down on the counter.

- FLASHBACK -

Sawyer walks up to the front door of the big house and knocks lightly.

"Sawyer? What are you doing here?" Zach asks her with a confused face. He thought after the conversation they had this morning, he wouldn't see her for a while.

"Is your family home?" She asks him but she knew they weren't. There were a solid two hours where it was just him on Tuesdays, since he didn't have baseball.