chapter eighteen

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Sawyer Flynn woke up with text messages from all of her friend group. 3 unread messages from Sherri, 2 from Jessica, 3 from Tyler, 1 from Zach and a missed call from Alex.

"What the fuck?" She mummers to herself as she goes to Tyler's messages first.

'Did you hear what happened?'

'Do you have any idea who did it?'

'I can't believe I'm asking you about this but what am I supposed to do?'

Shit. The tapes would cause chaos all over school, especially on Justin's first day. As Sawyer got dressed into a pink strapless polka dot shirt with white shorts and covered it up with a gray cardigan, she thought about who it could be.

No one even had the tapes besides her and Tony, so she wasn't worried on what was exposed but mostly if people would believe she didn't do it. Because she didn't.

Sawyer met up with Clay and Justin when they got to school "What the hell? You haven't answered any of my messages or probably anyone elses, was it you?" Sawyer asks pointing her finger at Clay

"Was what me?" He asks, shaking his head in confusion.

"The tapes, dumbass. Everyone's heard them." Sawyer says, seeing Justin's face turn blank.

"The tapes are out? Why wouldn't you tell me, Clay?" Justin asks. They couldn't tell but he was terrified. The only good thing coming out of it was possibly Bryce getting what he deserved.

"I didn't know. No I didn't do it!" Clay lied, shaking his head towards Sawyer, who clearly didn't buy it.

"Whatever. I'll see you guys later." The blonde rolled her eyes as she walked into the school, she had texted Tyler back that morning but she got no response and hadn't heard from him at all that morning.

Screw 1st hour, Tyler was more important. Sawyer searched everywhere, the last place at school to check would be the dark room and when she noticed the chair in front of the door, she figured that would be exactly where he was.

Sawyer moved the chair and opened the door, seeing Tyler sitting on the floor, clearly upset. "Ty..." She says as she sat next to him. He had tried to hard to stay mad at her for so long but in that moment, he needed her. He rested his head on her shoulder and laid his arms around her waist.

"It's gonna be okay." Sawyer said as she put her arms around his neck, running her fingers through his hair. And after those 20 minutes or so, they never spoke of it again.

-

But Sawyer took it in the best way possible, maybe after that morning, he was closer to forgiving her. The day wasn't going good for Tyler. Zach had gotten a piece of wrong information and believed Zach was stalking his sister.

Sawyer noticed Zach pinning Tyler against the locker and she quickly got in the middle of it. "Zach, back off!" She pushed her friend off the boy she still adored.

"This doesn't have anything to do with you, Sawyer. He's been taking pictures of my sister" Zach said showing the picture.

"Oh. I forgot that Tyler is the only person in this school that uses a god damn camera." Sawyer crosses her arms dramatically, clearly showing whose side she was on.

Zach rolls his eyes and walks off before Sawyer turned back to Tyler, she wasn't gonna make him do or say anything but he stopped her.

"Hey, S. Um I just wanted to say thank you for this morning and for that, but it's just friends helping friends out. Right?" Sawyer looks down at her shoes before showing him a fake smile.

"Uh, yeah. Of course. Friends helping friends." But neither of them wanted that, but he was going on a date and she needed to move on. It had been too long to keep obsessing over him when to her belief, he didn't feel the same way.

-

Sawyer wasn't sure why she decided to go to the baseball event, she wasn't dating a baseball player and she wasn't a cheerleader. But she had a feeling something was going to happen and she wanted to see how Chloe was feeling about hearing the truth about her boyfriend.

Sawyer took off the cardigan and put her hair down as she walked towards the baseball field, her bag on her side. The first person she was greeted with was Chloe. "Hey, S" they hadn't talked since she quit the squad, and frankly Sawyer missed her former best friend.

"Hey, Chlo. I've actually been wanting to talk to you" The blonde shrugged. "How have you been?" Sawyer asked.

"I'm confused but I'm okay. We've missed you a lot on the squad" Chloe said, looking up a little because of the height difference "I heard about your love triangle thing. The real question is actually, how are you?"

"I guess same as you. Confused but okay." Sawyer looked around before looking back at the girl in front of her. "Yeah, my life is kinda boring without cheer" she chuckled to herself.

"Well, there's always gonna be a spot for you on the squad." Chloe smiles before they both hear a voice from far away.

"Chloe, babe. Come on." Bryce yelled and Sawyer rolled her eyes looking over at him but looked back at Chloe. Friends before anything else.

"Well, I'll see you later. Let me know if you ever want that spot" Chloe said before turning back to her boyfriend.

It was between two options again. Did being a cheerleader defend Chloe dating a rapist? Or could she just be on the squad because she loved to cheer? She was stuck.

// can u believe we have 5k reads and 300 votes? me neither. some of u may have saw but ive had some really bad health issues so ive been really off and on with writing but im really motivated rn so expect some updates on this story as well as all of my others. make sure to check those out btw. school starts so soon im dreading life. also leave feedback❤️ vote and comment