chapter five

montydelacruz : got her back 💞tagged : @/sawyerisflynn📷: @/zachdemps88 likes

tagged : @/sawyerisflynn
📷: @/zachdemps
88 likes

-
"i could love you just like that. and i could leave you just as fast"
-

and with that, everyone knew. everyone's phones were buzzing. one day, sawyer flynn was posting about tyler down and the next day, she was back with monty.

if she was dating anyone else, people would be calling her 'slut', 'whore', typical teenage insults. but people are scared of those who protect sawyer.

their biggest worry used to be sawyer's best friend, justin foley. they were attached at the hip, more like brother and sister, and she was the one person, even over jess, who would always be there for him.

and then he left. and that void was filled by zach dempsey, and although he wasn't justin, he was a really good friend to her.

sawyer walked in, hand and hand with her boyfriend. people whispering, pointing, they just couldn't get over it. montgomery kissed her cheek before heading off to class with a quick 'bye.'

sawyer's first hour was with tyler, and she figured he would already have heard the news. but why would it matter to him? deep inside, she hoped it did. and that was selfish.

she sat in her seat of the honors english class to a clearly distraught tyler down. what she didn't know is it wasn't because of anything she had done.

someone had trashed the yearbook room and all the equipment as payback for him speaking up on stand. the counselors were talking to him when she walked in and she overheard the situation.

they had taken him out of class to the office, she presumed to talk to him about the situation. from the little sawyer knew about the situation, sawyer already pointed fingers straight to montgomery. and she planned on talking to him.

but first she had to get to tyler. when she couldn't find him in the hallways, she had figured he was probably home. though, sawyer remembered that he had mentioned the dark room relieving his stresses whenever he was having a hard time.

it was worth a shot. before cheer practice, she sent a text to chloe 'i will probably be late. don't wait up" sawyer sent the message and put her phone in her pocket, heading towards the dark room.

sawyer tried opening the door but noticed it was locked, and she almost let it stop her. "usually when people think it's locked, they'll just leave and they won't bother coming back in" she remembered him saying.

so the blonde started knocking "tyler, it's me" knowing he would recognize her voice. "c'mon, ty, open up the door" and what could he do? he couldn't resist her.

he opened the door, his eyes were puffy and red. sawyer's heart broke all over again. she mentally slapped herself for feeling this way about another guy while in a relationship with monty. but she couldn't help it.

"what are you doing here, sawyer?" tyler asks, surprisingly seeming more annoyed that she was there than anything else.

"i just wanted to check up on you, can i stay for a few minutes?" she raises an eyebrow

"don't you have cheer practice to go too? or a boyfriend to go jack off or something?" he asked, putting low burns on her not to insult her but more him. but he regretted it after seeing her reaction.

sawyer shook her head "i heard about the yearbook room, i'm sorry. it was a shitty thing to do" she proclaimed, trying to change the subject.

"yeah, why don't you ask your boyfriend about it?" he said, rightfully pointing all the fingers at the baseball player.

"monty? no, he didn't. he wouldn't. he didn't do this" sawyer let out the breath she didn't know she was holding.

"who are you trying to reassure? me or you?" tyler asked, and it really did get her thinking.

"why are you being like this, tyler? i thought we were friends" sawyer said, asking, more than telling.

"we were friends for a night, and that's because i thought you were different. and then you went back to your douchebag ex boyfriend and proved to everyone i was just your charity case" tyler let out painfully, all his emotions going out her and he knew she didn't deserve that.

her facial expression quickly turned sad, there was nothing left she could do. she tried to be a good friend and he pushed her way. all sawyer could do was walk away.

"no, wait, sawyer!" he yells, regretting every single word he had said beforehand "i didn't mean it, i'm sorry." tyler mentions as he catches up to her.

"you really think that you're just my charity case? you have known me since the 3rd grade and you really think i'm the type to just use you for my title? to make myself look better?" sawyer shook her head.

"and why do you care so much about montgomery and i being together?" at this point, she was just poking the bear.

"because, sawyer, you deserve better than some douchebag like montgomery. you said it yourself, he broke you" he yelled, not mad at her, just trying to get the point across.

"better than montgomery? and who could treat me better than montgomery? you? you couldn't handle me" sawyer stated

tyler shakes her head "just go. sawyer. just go" he had pushed away the only girl that ever made him feel something. and she had pushed away a guy who could love her and deal with her.

sawyer had tears dripping down, and she headed to cheer practice. chloe was pissed at her for being late and started yelling when she finally showed.

"so now that you're not captain, you can just do as you please and not be apart of the team?" chloe asks, passive aggressively

saywer wasn't going to fight with someone else today. she had so much anger and regret boiled up in her, she bursted.

"i was a great captain. and the reason this team is failing is because the captain is defending a rapist everyday by broadcasting her relationship in front of everyone. this teams going to go to shit on it's own, and i'm not gonna be apart of it when it does" sawyer quickly regrets her words, looking over at jess

but she couldn't stop there, so she continued with her speel "i quit, chloe!" sawyer yelled before walking off.

// wow wow this chapter was a lot lol i promise the chapters will be happier from now on.

words : 1098