chapter ten

post from over a year agosawyerisfylnn: walking into sophomore year with my bestfriend

sawyerisfylnn: walking into sophomore year with my bestfriend.
[tagged : @/justinfoley]
[ 📷 : @/montydelacruz]
-

justin foley and sawyer flynn had been best friends since the third grade, when they first met. it was the type of friendship that made significant others jealous because they would do shit like cuddle, call each other pet names, say 'i love you', but it was completely platonic.

justin always put sawyer first, even when it killed his relationship with jessica. because above bryce and zach and jess, it was her that was always there.

but then, things got worse and worse and worse before he up and left, ending up without his best friend. on the streets, addicted to heroin.

-

"you did what?!" sawyer asks, in almost a shouting voice towards clay in the parking lot of liberty high school.

"we brought justin back" clay shrugged, with a disappointed face. was it even disappointment? was it guilt? she couldn't tell because the only thing she was focused on was was the context of his sentence.

it had been two or three days since jessica had tried to speak up in the law suit against the school, and clay believed justin could help. sawyer understood why he did it. didn't mean it would be easy for jessica or it would make sawyer forget the months she spent separated from the closest thing she ever had to a brother.

"if justin is back, he can testify against bryce and we can help jessica." poor, naive clay, sawyer thought. thinking the world was just that easy.

"justin could go to jail! he knew about it and he didn't say anything and for the exact reason, jessica hates him and i guarantee she doesn't want his help" the blonde shook her head.

"but you don't. and i know you don't because i grew up with you guys and i know no matter how much you two go through, you are never gonna give up on justin foley" clay's words hit sawyer where it hurt, before he continued.

"so please, just come with me and see him. and we'll figure out what to do from there" he ended. sawyer was on the bridge of tears, she wanted to hate him but clay was right, she couldn't. and she wouldn't.

"fine." the blonde nodded, trying to put on a smile before letting clay into her passengers seat and driving towards his house.

both his parents were home so they came up with a great excuse they were there to work on a communications project and their families had known each other forever so they figured clay and sawyer were telling the truth.

her heart started beating faster and her palms got sweatier as she walked towards his bedroom door, letting clay open it in front of her. sawyer felt her heart stop when she saw him. he looked horrible.

"s" he states softly as clay closes the door behind sawyer. the blonde took a few deep breaths before walking over towards the boy she spent countless nights watching movies and pulling all-nighters with.

"jj" sawyer let out her breath as she gave him probably the biggest hug she ever had. s and jj were the nicknames they had used forever. everyone called sawyer 's' but still it always felt better hearing it from him.

they let out of a hug a few seconds later and both took seats on the couch. "what the hell happened to you? you just up and left without a note? and now you come back with this puffied eyed donnie darko look?" she shook her head in disbelief.

"i see one thing you didn't lose was your taste for bullshit insults and jake gyllenhaal movies" justin chuckled, clearly his goal was to make her laugh. but she wasn't gonna let it work.

"this isn't time for funny, you didn't even leave a note" sawyer said, playfully hitting him. or maybe real hitting. no one could be for sure.

"i know, i know" he nods, his voice slipping back into a more serious tone. "you would've talked me out of it. i needed to go. get away from bryce, jessica.." justin starts but sawyer cuts him off.

"and me?" the blonde raised an eyebrow, quickly getting a response from justin. he first off shook his head before starting to speak.

"of course not you, you being you, the wonderful best friend you are. you would've given me every possible reason to stay. couldn't bring you down with me" the conversation of him leaving was quickly over when she started talking again.

"what happened to you out there?" sawyer raised an eyebrow, she was angry at him but more at herself for letting him leave and become homeless and her not even bothering to look for him.

justin couldn't lie to her. but how could he tell her about the addiction? she would be disappointed in him and he couldn't take that "got involved in some bad shit" he shrugged it off.

that immediately raised sawyer's suspicions, her eyebrows went up and her eyes gave out a determined look. "bad shit such as?" she asks.

he wouldn't answer her. not even to try and make up a lie and clay could tell that, so for the first time in the conversation he chirped in. "heroin. he got addicted to heroin."

sawyer stood up to start pacing to let her anger out. "seriously, justin?? heroin? are you really that stupid? if things were that bad, you could have came to me. my family always had a place for you" she shook her head, looking down at him.

"i'm on day one of a detox process, i'm gonna get better, okay?" he said in a bit of a louder voice. it was a promise he wanted to keep. but wasn't going to be able too. he was disappointed in himself for letting people like sawyer down with no intentions other than to help him.

// i really hope you guys liked this chapter!! it was kinda a useless chapter but i love platonic guy/girl relationships and i just thought it was such a cute idea. we're almost too 100 votes and 2k reads! keep up the feedback, i love reading the comments.

words : 1049