chapter seventeen

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Her court date was probably the simplest. Everyone had already known everything she had stated in court. So the backlash was nowhere near as bad. The day after court was Alex's birthday.

Jessica walked Alex in and Sawyer stood with Zach waiting for them so the two could show him his birthday banner.

"Waaaaait, is it your birthday?" Zach jokes as they walk him towards a sign that says 'Happy Birthday Alex'.

The 4 stood in the hallway, wishing a happy birthday to their friend until her least two favorite people came up to the group. Sawyer zoned out when Montgomery and Bryce started talking.

"You fucking rapist!" Sawyer heard Alex yell and her eyes widen, the jocks ignored him but Jessica understandably didn't take it well.

"Jess, I'm sorry." Alex says, but Jessica grabs Sawyer's arm and leaves the hallway, Zach following right after.

-

Sawyer used to love pep rallies, back when she was a cheerleader, she got the attention and praise that she loved so dearly in her old days. And most of all, she had fun. But now she just sat in the bleachers.

After Marcus ended up wearing a cheerleading uniform to his speech, Sawyer knew he didn't do it on purpose. She looked up at Cyrus and Tyler before heading up to where they were sitting on the bleachers.

"Creative." She said as she shoved the two to sit in between them. "How'd you get him to do it?" Sawyer asks, nodding her head to Marcus in the gym.

"We got this vid-" Cyrus starts but Tyler interrupts him, clearly still angry at Sawyer. With every right to be as well.

"Cyrus! She doesn't need to know, she's not apart of the group" Tyler says looking down at her but Cyrus didn't budge.

"Why does it matter? She's on our side, you moved on I thought? Isn't that why you're taking my sister on a date?" Cyrus asks, and Sawyer's heart dropped. A date? With Mackenzie?

"A date, huh? Well. Have fun." Sawyer said, hiding her real emotions about it. Tyler and her both knew she cared. And maybe he did too.

Sawyer looked back over at Cyrus, who showed her the video of Marcus and she laughed to herself "How the hell did you get that?"

But the conversation was short lasted due to the fact Sawyer felt that she had no right to be apart of it. She wasn't Tyler's girlfriend anymore so she had no real reason to be apart of the group.

At the end of the pep rally, she just sat there. Sawyer didn't head to class, she just remained seating, when everyone left. Only other person being her former best friend, Sherri Holland. There to watch them but up Jeff's jersey.

"Hey, Sher, you okay?" Sawyer asks walking over to him. They both had nicknames for each other when they ruled the cheerleading squad together and had sleepovers every weekend.

Sawyer wouldn't be 'S' if Sherri hadn't made the nickname kick. "Yeah, S, just wanted to stay to see them put the jersey up."

"Isn't that making you feel even more guilty?" The blonde asks as she looks over at her friend.

"Maybe. But I need to be here." Sawyer saw Montgomery across the gym and took a deep breath.

"Well, you know I'm always here, alright?" She said before heading out of the gym, into the hallway.

Sawyer saw Tyler when she existed the gym, he was messing with his camera at his locker. "Don't you have some place to be?" She asked, why did she keep trying with him? Maybe she thought she would fix things. She didn't plan on not trying.

"Don't you?" Tyler asks, and for a second, she saw him crack a smile. A smile that went away when he realized he was doing so.

"Didn't feel like going." Sawyer says as she walks closer to him. "However, I think this is the first conversation we've had where you haven't completely told me to fuck off. Progress." Tyler knew Sawyer wasn't giving up so all he could do is shrug.

"Well I presume you're going too Alex's party. And I am too so I guess we have no choice but to be friendly." Tyler says before looking around the hall at anything but her.

"Yeah, I guess so" She responded.

-

Alex's Party was at an arcade. Clay, Zach and Sawyer were already there before Jessica arrived. And it took everyone by surprise when she did, but she wasn't going to hold a grudge against Alex for that morning.

Clay and Sawyer were playing skee ball when they heard Zach and Jessica yelling at someone, they both turned around to see them yelling at her ex.

"What the hell?" She says to herself as they walk back over to them all, followed by the group.

"Alex invited me..I" Tyler starts stuttering over his words and neither of her two friends were having it.

"Get outta here, man. He was just being nice." Zach starts, before Sawyer steps in and cuts through there conversation.

"Leave him alone, Zach. It's true. Alex invited him, he told me." But Zach and Jess don't listen, they just keep yelling.

"Stay out of it, Sawyer!" Zach yells.

"Wasn't what you were saying when you stole my girlfriend" Tyler says with a new found confidence, that's when Sawyer grabs his arm, handing the present to Clay to give to Alex.

"Come on." Sawyer rolls her eyes at her friends behavior but also at Tyler making things worse. "Happy Birthday Alex, but I gotta get out of here" She confesses before taking Tyler out to the front.

"I hate that guy." Tyler shook his head, not realizing he was ranting to the same girl he had spent hours talking too, weeks obsessing over, and for a second she wasn't the girl that hurt him. She was the girl he loved.

"Ty, Zach is just rough around the edges. I'm sorry about the way he acted, it was wrong." Sawyer says, walking over to Tyler before he looks down at her. He wanted to take her hand, he wanted to kiss her, anything. But he just walked away, leaving Sawyer to d nothing but sigh.

// it's been so long since updating last i'm so sorry. 4k reads can u believe??? i'm so greatful, thank u so much for all the views and the fact you guys still continue to read. keep reading and leaving feedback💞 don't forget to check out my account for the rest of my fanfics!!