chaper fifteen

sawyer crashed on jessica's couch, jessica hadn't been able to sleep in her bed since she found out about bryce

sawyer crashed on jessica's couch, jessica hadn't been able to sleep in her bed since she found out about bryce. her family loved sawyer and they were completely welcoming towards her. zach had called her parents and told them what was going on and they had said okay.

sawyer woke up the next morning, with a horrible headache. she noticed jess walking out of her parents bedroom. "hey, s, how are you feeling?" the girl asked her friend as she gave her a class of water.

"major headache. but i'm okay." it was 6 am so they still had an hour or two to get ready for school. "horrible birthday. but i guess, it only gets better." she shrugged. she hadn't told jessica anything about the night before. but jess knew something had happened.

"what happened last night?" jessica asks as sawyer sat up and her friend took a seat next to her.

"a lot of shit" and sawyer spilled it out. she told her everything from her immature kiss with zach to her encounter with bryce. jessica's eyes were even tearing up. first her, now he attempted with her best friend?

"why don't you take the day off? it's zach's trial day so he won't be there and you don't have to go see them. any of them" jess said but sawyer shook her head.

"clay told you about justin, didn't he?" sawyer raised an eyebrow, earning a nod from jessica. "you don't have to see him if you don't want too. i just wanna know how you feel."

"i know he's your bestfriend and all, brother even. trust me i know. but i never wanna see him again" jessica said. and she had every right too.

"i understand, jess. but i think we should go to school today. face our fears. it's the best thing we can do" sawyer says, grabbing her hand. jess nods and the two stood up.

"i don't have my car, nor a change of clothes. so maybe your dad can give me a drive to my house?" sawyer raises an eyebrow, earning a nod from jess.

"yeah, let me just get changed and then we can head over there and get ready at your place" sawyer nodded towards jess.

"is your dad okay with us walking to school?" sawyer asks, and jessica smiles.

"yeah, as long as you're there. my family loves you. and most of all, they trust you" jess said and sawyer takes a deep breath.

while jessica got ready, sawyer got some food out of her fridge before her phone buzzed off. she noticed the caller id 'cyrus'. she closed the fridge with her hip and answered it.

"hello?" sawyer says as more of a question, she figured he wouldn't wanna speak to her because the only thing that made them friends was tyler.