chapter thirteen

when coming to school, sawyer's in circle friend group came near her

when coming to school, sawyer's in circle friend group came near her. everyone who was at her birthday party besides cyrus and tyler. they usually weren't a big part of the friend group.

"happy birthday sawyer!" they all say in unison. sawyer held her hand on her heart, although her friend group got smaller with different people, it was amazing. she was so lucky. if it weren't for the god damn trial and montgomery de la cruz, life would be almost perfect.

"thank you guys so much!" sawyer smiled, giving her friend group a group hug.

zach handed her a mason jar full of tiny notes. "so everyone from the birthday party. and justin. we all wrote our favorite things about you" he smiled before hugging her separately

"i hope you enjoy it, s. but we gotta get to class" sherri said and everybody in the squad left. everyone except zach.

"so, are you doing anything this afternoon? before your family dinner, of course." zach said as they walked towards their lockers. that were right next to each other.

zach and sawyer had lived next door to each other since forever. their rooms even faced each other. but most of all, their families were best friends. he knew a lot about what was going on at home.

"besides trying to figure out a way to ask tyler to come over for my family dinner? no. what's up?" sawyer asked, chuckling to herself as she opened her locker.

"i was wondering if you wanted to go grab some ice cream, head down to the beach after school? if your boyfriend is comfortable with it, ya know" she smiled at his dorkiness.

"sounds fun" sawyer nodded with a chuckle and a smile. her signature move. "but, speaking of boyfriends, i should probably get to mine. i'll meet up with you later, okay?"

sawyer walked over to cyrus and tyler talking at tyler's locker. cyrus notices sawyer first, "it's our birthday girl" he shouts as she smiles at him, and hugs tyler.

"happy birthday, s" tyler looks down at her before kissing her head. a jealous mackenzie plays her face off with a fake smile as she walks over to her brother and his friends.

"hey, sawyer, happy birthday" mackenzie says towards the girl who's arms were wrapped around her boyfriend.

"thanks." sawyer says as she hears the bell ring and all four go their separate ways "wait, ty, so every year i have this birthday dinner with my family at my place. usually, i just bring a friend. most years it was justin. but my family wants to meet you and maybe you would want to meet my family?" she raises an eyebrow.