Chapter 22

"Foxy? No!" Justin hurried forward, kneeling beside him.

Foxy was gasping for breath as he looked up at Justin.

The waitress stayed back, warily.

"Foxy, what happened?" Justin cried, tears welling in his eyes.

Foxy looked down at a gaping hole in his stomach. A bunch of wires had been torn out.

"No... Foxy.. I'll go get more wires! I'll fix you! Hold on!" Justin sobbed.

Foxy shook his massive head and smiled weakly at Justin who had tears streaming down his face.

"Please stay..." Justin buried his face in his rusty metal, not caring that it was so cold.

"You freed me, matey." Foxy managed to choke out before shuddering and lying still.

"Foxy... Foxy? FOXY!" Justin screamed. A new set of tears poured from his eyes.

The waitress bowed her head in silence.

Justin picked up his motionless body and propped Foxy up against him. His metal held rolled to the side, his whole body was limp.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I couldn't save you." Justin sobbed.

"Wake up." He pleaded, knowing it wouldn't do any good, but trying none-the less. "Please wake up..." He cried.

The fox remained silent and motionless. It stayed that way until morning.

*this is not the end of the story*