Chapter 12

"You bastard." Mike spat as the police who had only just arrived placed handcuffs around his wrists.

"I'm sorry, Mike. Things are different now." The owner looked at his shoes as Mike was dragged out.

He stalked back to the kitchen, head hanging.

The employees still stood in utter shock.

"Get going." Justin whispered forcefully. "You're opening in ten minutes."

The immediately dispersed, a few uneasy looks were lingering."

A cop re-entered and meandered over to Justin.

"How'd you know it was that scumbag." He asked.

"Sometimes you have an instinct." He have a shy smile.

"Well, I'm glad your instinct was right." The cop said darkly as he walked away.

"Should I go to the station? For questioning?" Justin asked.

"No." He paused. "I'd like to see the owner of this... Establishment."

"He's in his office. Through that hallway on the left." Justin pointed.

The cop waved, signifying his thanks.

Justin felt eyes boring into the back of his head. He turned around slowly, he saw Freddy. His jaw was slightly parted and his eyes were narrowed.

Justin shivered and turned away. A perky blonde waitress was making her way over to him.

"Hey Jared!" She beamed.

"Justin." He said flatly.

"Oh... Right. Sorry..." She blushed. "Anyways, I was wondering if you wanted to see a movie tonight?"

"Sorry. I can't. I'm working tonight." He mumbled, immediately walking out the door.

"Oh... Maybe done other time!" She called out.

"Unlikely." Justin murmured under his breath before exiting.