••Cloches d'amour••

(Love Bells)

**✰**

In today's society, people would find their partners with the use of love bells. The love bells would show you who you'd fall in love with; however it wasn't exactly a guarantee they were your twin flame, that couldn't be known until later on in the relationship. Keep in mind, the love bells don't tell you who your life long partner will be, it only let's you know who you will fall in love with and the person who will ring your love bell can change as well as your feelings.

The love bells work in three stages: Stage 1, if the person you're to fall in love with comes in close proximity of you, you'll hear the sound of a bell ring. Stage 2, if you both begin to fall in love with each other, you'll both ring each other's love bells when nearby, but only if they were meant to fall in love with you as well. If not, you won't ring their love bell and you'll have a one-sided love. And finally stage 3, if the love you both share is pure and genuine, the ringing of the bell changes in tone and both parties are able to hear one another's love bells.

**✰**

F 1: When you hear your love bells ring, you can spot the person who you're meant to fall in love with, but keep in mind that if there are many people around, it could be hard to narrow it down.

A small smile tugged at the young girls lips as she caught a glimpse of the bi-colored haired male walk by. Ururaka watched her as Y/n watched him walk away, oblivious that he had rung the girls love bell once again. "You're so obvious." Ururaka sighed but her comment fell on deaf ears.

It wasn't until Todoroki exited the library that her attention returned to the brunette before her. "You're hopeless" Ururaka joked as the two gathered their things and began to head home for the day.

"He's just so perfect. How can someone like him even exist..." she pouted, making Ururaka laugh and drag her along by the arm. "What I'd give to ring his love bell, even if it's just once." The brunette rolled her eyes and smiled. "Come on let's go."

**✰**

F 2: Even if two people are meant to fall in love with each other, their love bells might ring at different times. The love bells ring once the person is ready to fall in love.

"For today's activity we're going to work in pairs, so find a partner." Mr. Aizawa grumbled, sounding bored and uninterested. Ururaka grabbed onto Y/n's arm and the two smiled. "Who are you partnering up with Deku?" Ururaka asked and she looked over at the green haired boy.

Before he could answer, Todoroki walked right up to him and asked, "Do you want to be partners?" his voice was flat as he blinked down at the freckled boy who nodded. Ururaka looked over at Y/n and shook her head slightly with a small smile.

Deku was about to speak up again but noticed the look on Ururaka's face as she glances over at Y/n. "What's up?" Deku asks catching the girls attention. Ururaka smiles, "Don't worry about it, she's just wagging her tail" Deku raises a brow and looked at Y/n once more.

"She doesn't have a tail though" Todoroki commented and the others smiled. "I meant she's just excited" Todoroki looked over at Y/n and then faced forward. "I see." Ururaka looked over to see Y/n glancing at Todoroki and muttered, "I can practically hear you wagging it a little too excitedly" under her breath.

**✰**

F 3: it's possible, but not common, to have more than one person ring your love bell.

"Move it small fry" Bakugo scowled. Y/n blinked and looked at the blonde "small fry?" She scoffed. "Yeah, you're tiny, now move. you're in my way." He said as she glared back at him. "I'm not even that small" he smirked and leaned down a bit, "yeah, you are"

Right when she was about to open her mouth, a hand grabbed her shoulders and pulled her aside. "Leave her be Bakugou." She could hear the slight ring of a bell as Todoroki pulled her back against his chest so the blonde could walk by.

"Shut it Icy-hot! I wasn't talking to you!" Bakugou went off at the male before storming off. Y/n blinked and curiously watched him walk off. Todoroki let go of her and looked down at her. "Thank you" he gave a small nod as she expressed her gratitude and was about to walk away when he paused and looked at her for a few more seconds. He smiled to himself as he noticed Bakugou had been right about her stature.

**✰**

F 4: Love bells only ring if the person you're in love with or will fall in love with is within 15 meters from where you are.

Todoroki sighed as he walked out of the hospital. He was glad he had gone to see his mother after all this time and was determined to get her out of there. As he walked back he took note of the leaves beginning to change in color and slowly fall to the ground, when he heard it, the sound of a bell ring.

He stopped walking and looked up but there was no one around. Just as he was about to continue walking the door to the store beside him opened and Y/n stepped out. He looked over at her as she looked back at him.
She smiled warmly and greeted him with a happy "Hi, Todoroki."

He greeted her back and allowed a small smile to tug at his lips as she walked up to him, unbeknownst that she had finally rung his love bell.

F 5: love bells aren't physical bells; they're are heard but never seen. There's lots of research and theories done the bells since their existence but no one has been able to explain exactly what they are or why they work the way they do.

**✰**

AN: I hope you're enjoying my book, please leave a comment or a vote if you enjoyed the chapter. A quick reminder that I also take requests, so feel free to message me with any wonderful ideas :)