••Un Héro••

(A hero)

**✰**

"Shoto, now what?" Y/n whispered, her voice wavering slightly as he kept an eye on the villain. The both of them were currently crouched behind a wall, weighing out their options. The male remained silent for a few seconds before speaking up, "Y/n, I need you to run as fast as you can and no matter what, don't look back." He glanced at her before looking back at the villain.

She knitted her brows and stared at his back, "What? I can't- I won't do that." She grasped his arm in hopes of changing his mind. He looked back at her, taking in her appearance, she had scrapes and  bruises scattered on her skin. He pauses for a bit to finish gathering his thoughts before taking her hand, "Go. Please." His eyes softened, hoping that for once she'd listen to him.

"What about you?" Her eyes began to grow teary as she stared at the taller male. "The others should be here soon. So please," he offered her a sincere smile "go." A few stray tears made their way down her cheeks, "I'll get help" the male nodded and muttered a low "Sounds good".

He leaned down and kissed her forehead and whispered, "Be careful." She stared into his eyes before kissing his lips quickly. "Give 'em hell" she gave a small smile, blinking away a few tears. He nodded and watched her leave before peeking around the corner at the villain.

'I can't have you getting hurt, Y/n'

**✰**

"Deku!" the green-haired male spun around and stared at the female as she hurried towards him. "Oh thank god! Its Shoto, he needs help!" the freckled male's eyes widened slightly before offering her a comforting smile, "It'll be okay, let's go".

The two head back to the place where Y/n had left Todoroki, "There." She gestured to the bi-color haired male below them. "Stay here okay. I'll handle it," the freckled male smiled at her reassuringly before taking off.

It had been a few years since they had all graduated from UA High and became pros. Y/n and Shoto had stuck together throughout the years, working numerous cases on the daily; Deku ended up becoming the number one hero and had successfully surpassed All-Might himself, fully harnessing the power of one for all.

Y/n shifted uncomfortably seeing the villain land a blow on Todoroki, "I'm sorry, but I can't just watch," she whispered, activating her quirk and joining the two males. (Quirk: super strength and speed. Speed quirk was inherited from her father and the strength quirk from her mother. When used together, they make a powerful combination, however, if used too much, it can lead to severe exhaustion.)

She silently snuck closer and waited for an opening. "There," she muttered under her breath as she watched the villain dodge one of Deku's kicks. She pushed off against the ground, and  in a matter of seconds, she had sped across the field of debris and was now in the air. Her eyes narrowed as she landed behind the man, the ground cracking below her feet, her fist coming in contact with the villain's jaw before landing a kick to his abdomen, which sent him flying into the nearest building.

"Y/n!" the two boys gaped as they watched her regain her composure. She let out a small breath before offering a quick apology, "I never said I would stay out of the fight," she said and looked over at them. "You've used your quirk too much already Y/n," Todoroki reminded her, walking up to her side. "And yet she managed to demolish an entire building," Deku joked earning a sheepish and apologetic "S-sorry..." from the girl.

Deku smiled warmly and looked over to the now-destroyed building, "With that punch, I think you might have just killed the guy" Deku joked as they made their way over. "He won't go down that easy, I landed a few blows earlier," she responded as they searched for him in the rubble. "Y/n!" Todoroki shouted and reached out to her. She instantly spun around, "Shit!" quickly raising her arms in an attempt to block the attack.

"Got you, you bitch!" the villain smirked, setting off an explosion. "Y/n!" Deku quickly tackled Todoroki to the ground, shielding both of them from the blast. Todoroki quickly shoved Deku off before looking around for her, his heart racing as he saw her come out from behind a large piece of what used to be a wall.

Todoroki stumbled over to her and looked her over for any wounds before lifting her face. His eyes narrowed as he looked at the fresh wound across her right cheek. "I'm fine," she reassured him and stood up, "let's just finish this already," she said and clashed her fist with Deku's.

"This time with everything we've got," she said before running off once more. Todoroki quickly froze the villain in his spot and not even a second later Y/n shattered it when she flung him straight toward Deku with a kick.

"SMASH!" Deku gave the final punch, rendering the man unconscious and thus ending the fight. Y/n gave Deku a weak smile before feeling a cold shiver run throughout her body. Todoroki noticed her slight swaying and was quick to catch her in his arms, knowing full well she had pushed it too far.

"You did great; rest now" He whispered as he gazed down tenderly at her unconscious body in his arms. "She's really something huh?" Deku said as he made his way over to them. "Yeah, she is..." the male agreed and smiled slightly.

"I'm glad to see you two" Izuku said and smiled at the girl in Todoroki's arms. "Its been a while...since we graduated and everything." Izuku looked between Y/n and him, "Todoroki, do you..." the green-haired male trailed off, trying to find the right words. Todoroki quickly cut him off with a quiet, "yes."

Deku smiled and rubbed the back of his neck, "Good...she stuck around long enough" he joked shyly, earning a small smile from the male. "I know it was selfish of me, and I know I have many years to make up for, but I'm willing to try, if she'll let me." he answered softly, the sound of sirens in the distance filling their ears.

**✰**

"I'm fine guys, thanks for coming" Y/n laughed as she said her goodbyes to her former UA classmates. Shoto smiled and leaned against the door, watching the group silently. As soon as the others left, he took a seat beside her bed.

"Thank you for the flowers," he looked up at her as she gestured to the bouquet on the nightstand. "Now I know what I have to do to get flowers from you" she teased, touching the petals. "I guess I'll have to buy you some more often now." he joked and reached out for her hand.

"Listen, I know I have been selfish for making you wait for so long, and I honestly appreciate that you stood by me anyway. I know I took for granted how you felt about me and I can never apologize enough. I was always focused on something else other than you and for that, I'm truly sorry. I never meant to hurt you the way I did. I have always truly cared for you." His eyes slowly lifted to meet hers; he paused for a second before continuing.

"Please forgive me for being so stupid; for not giving you my time and attention. I promise I will never mistreat you again, I'll buy you your favorite flowers every day and I'll appreciate you more... I have realized that without you, I have nothing. So please, Y/n, allow me to return to you the love you have given and continue to give me."

Todoroki held her hand tightly in his, his head lowered, as the tears threatened to spill. He had truly let his walls crumble before her, leaving his heart exposed and vulnerable. Yet he was fine with that because only she could truly understand him and provide him the warm and comforting home his heart longed for.

"Shoto," Hearing her call his name, he slowly gazed up at her. "I love you" she smiled and pushed his hair out of his eyes, "That hasn't change." A few tears slid down his face as he embraced her tightly. "Thank you," he sighed, the weight on his chest now lifted. He slowly pulled back and looked her in the eye, whispering a quiet "I love you," before allowing his lips to meet hers.

**✰**

AN: I hope you're enjoying my book, please leave a comment or a vote if you enjoyed the chapter. A quick reminder that I also take requests, so feel free to message me with any wonderful ideas :)