Epilogue

Ivory

Merrily, I throw my head back and laugh at Leo's comment about Janice being madly in love with him. "You know damn well you were!"

"Bullshit! I wouldn't even speak to you for a month!"

As the couple argues, I hysterically giggle, entwining my fingers with Hunter's. He pulls me closer into his chest, chuckling at the two. "Weren't you a one-night-stand?" I butt into their conversation.

"Why? Why the hell would you bring that up?" Leo responds with a laugh, throwing a mock glare in my direction from his view on the couch.

"I was a one-night-stand, and I had him hooked that night!" Janice brags.

"You sure did, Kitten," he agrees. Turning to me, he jokingly whisper-yells, "Quit trying to get me in trouble!"

"Mom!" Landon calls, running into the room. "Mom, I might've sorta broken something."

"What now?" Janice wonders.

"Well, I was playing with Nevaeh and Nicholas, and we might've hit the one flower pot on the table, and yeah..." he mumbles, playing with his seven-year-old hands.

"That's it! You're done! Off with your head!" Leo shouts, jumping to his feet and swooping his son into his arms.

Janice shakes her head, and comments, "It's like I'm raising two."

Balancing a dirty tray on my palm and a 6 month old baby on my hip, I maneuver into the kitchen. "Hunter, let Teddy out," I instruct, nodding towards the crated bull mastiff. I place the dish in the sink and put the baby in his highchair, receiving gurgles of protest. "I'm coming, Nicholas," I tell him as I rinse the tray, Naveah drying.

Teddy ambles into the kitchen, gently licking Nic's wiggling toes. Giggles erupt from the baby. "Tehday," he gasps, merrily laughing.

My eyes widen, and I whip around to face the two friends. "Hunter!" I screech, causing my husband to frantically run into the room.

"What? What happened?"

I crazily wave my soapy hands towards the chair where a confused Nicholas sits. "He said Teddy!" I scream, excitedly flinging suds around.

"Nu uh," he argues, doubtfully staring at me.

"Yes, he did! I swear!" I promise, my proud motherly side showing. Slyly smirking at me, Hunter picks our baby up. "What? Why're you looking at me like that?" I suspiciously gaze at him.

"I bet you he'll say daddy before mommy," he gambles.

I shake my head and brag, "No, I would win."

"Then let the games begin!" he declares, pushing Nicholas's chubby fist into the air. Whisking our son into the other room, he chants, "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!"

I chase after him, my hands now dry. "Don't you dare brainwash him!" I shout, but he jubilantly bounces Nic.

"Who's gonna win this bet?" he questions in a baby friendly voice. "Daddy is!" he answers, making a cackling Nicholas cheer.

"No! Mommy is!" I swoop the baby from Hunter's strong arms. "Say momma, momma," I encourage.

"Mmm," Nic parrots, enjoying the attention.

"Yes!" I victoriously cry, "That counts!"

"It does not!" he insists. "He didn't even say a syllable!"

"Yuh huh! He said Momma! I win!"

"Fine fine, you win, Princess," he coos, kissing my forehead.

"Now what's my prize?" I eagerly ask, leaning into his broad frame.

"Isn't me enough," Hunter teases while enveloping us in his arm.

"I'd also like a massage," I point out.

"Me too!" Naveah screeches, waving her hand frantically.

Hunter lifts the four-year-old into his strong arms, nuzzling her neck with his unshaven face. "Of course baby girl." Together we stand, with a humming boy and giggling Naveah, surrounded by love.