Chapter Six

Ivory

Speechless. Utterly speechless. His words echo through my mind. My mind struggles to decipher his simple words. His simple words aren’t a maze, but yet it takes me what feels like hours to answer.

“W-what?” I stutter.

“I dare you to love me,” he answers with a taunting smirk.

"Not saying I will oblige, but how will this 'dare' work?" I ask, and I am met with a confident smirk.

He leans back comfortably on the couch, throwing his arm around me. "Well, Princess, you and I get married, we live it up, play the part as you might say, and in one year, we divorce. If you aren't crawling back and begging me to take you back, then you win, but if you at all want me afterwards, you lose. Simple as that."

Now I am amused and intrigued by his proposal. I lean closer to him as I whisper, "And what if I win?"

Hunter smirks approvingly at my proximity, and lightly exhales, causing chill bumps to appear on my skin. "Winner decides punishment," he replies in the same tone as me, but there's an edge to his voice, a seductiveness that pulls me deeper.

"This is so going to be worth it," I say quietly, each word fanning against his lips. 

Hunter's confident smirk remains as my lips brush against his soft ones teasingly. He tries to pull me in for a better, more satisfying, kiss, but as fast as it came, it's gone. I lean back on my side of the sofa. Hunter seems amused by my actions, but yet frazzled that I could play him like that in his own game.

"When's the wedding?" I ask him as if nothing unusual just occurred.

"In one month, Princess," he replies, dragging out my nickname on purpose.

"Whatever you say, Mr.Richardson," I retort, enunciating each syllable in his name.

"You shouldn't be so formal; we are engaged," he reminds me.

"I'll call you want I want," I pigheadedly say.

"Whatever, sweetheart," he responds in a mocking tone, instigating me.

"No, don't call me sweetheart," I command, not finding it so funny when the situation is flipped.

He repeats my words with a childish tone, "I'll call you what I want."

"Bye, Mr.Richardson," I joke, hoping to get a rise out of him.

I stand up, and prepare to leave, but as soon as I rise from my seat I am pulled back down. Unlike my former position, I don't land on a sofa cushion, instead I land on a lap. My eyes travel up to see Hunter's navy blue eyes staring lustfully down at me.

In a husky tone, he whispers, "Stay."

My whole mind goes into overdrive, and its as if I am unable to move or respond at all. His mint breath stirs the hairs that escaped the pins, and his silky voice makes me want more. I thought I was playing with him, but it seems as if I'm like putty in his hands. I sharply inhale as his head leans down to my neck. His lips hover above my neck, but soon they are resting on my warm skin. I gasp quietly when his tongue meets my skin, but I am too frozen to stop him. After what seems like just a minute or two, Hunter pulls away from my lips where his travelled back up to. My breathing is a bit more ragged, but it wouldn't be noticeable to anyone else, excepts for the man that has made my breathing like this.

"I need to go," I abruptly state, removing myself from his lap, and walking towards his door. "Oh, tell me when you decide when the wedding is," I call over my shoulder before reaching for the door handle.

"Will do, Princess, but you might want to cover up that love mark," he replies with a sly grin.

Disbelievingly, I gasp, and instantly my hand flies up to my neck. Sure enough there's a small bump. Fuming, I storm over to his bathroom, and stare at the undoubtedly noticeable mark in the mirror. 

"Hunter! I have to work still! You can't just leave hickeys all over me!" I exclaim as I throw my arms into the air.

"I just couldn't help myself Ivory," Hunter smirks at my reflection in the mirror while standing behind me. His arms circle around my small waist, and his lips work in the crook of my neck again, but I swat his arms. "Ah ah ahh, the bet, remember?" 

"It hasn't started, yet," I argue.

"Yes it has, the public needs to know we are dating before we marry," Hunter retorts.

"Fine, just keep your mouth to yourself," I command, flicking his hand again.

"That's going to be challenging," he mumbles before kissing my neck.

I push him away from behind, "Stop it. Hunter, I need to go to work. That's what I'm getting paid to do, work."

"Just wait another minute," Hunter begs, his mouth not leaving my burning skin.

"No, Mr.Richardson, off, now," I enunciate each word, purposefully dragging out his name.

"Stop calling me that, Princess," he demands.

I groan as his lips flutter against my collar bone, sending chills throughout my body. I push him away again. "Stop it, and help me out! How are the customers not going to notice this ugly thing?" I ask.

"Just stay in your office," he suggests, "or go home."

"No thank you. I'll be in my office if you need me," I tell him before striding past him and out his suite.

I release a long, exasperated sigh as soon as I am off the top floor, and into my safe office. Not a single employee or customer stopped me, and now I my secret is secured in my office. My fingers, once again, tenderly touch the light red bump as I remember the feel of his lips on me. It ended too soon, much too soon.

Author's Note:

This chapter is short, so I apologize. I have been up to my nose is sports and school! (I'm doing amazing in both) Comment down below tips, praise, or ideas. Make sure you click that empty star and fill it in!