Chapter Twenty-Five

Ivory

"Hunter, have you seen my floral sundress?" I call from the bedroom, digging through the wardrobe and creating a mess.

I haven't seen the thin dress since we arrived in Capri. After tearing through the dresser and closet, I'm still empty-handed and dressless. Checking the closet, again, I desperately hope that the outfit will appear. Tonight, Hunter has another surprise planned, and I was hoping to wear my new dress. That's not looking too good now.

"Did you look in the dresser?" Hunter asks, staring at the piles of clothes.

I stare at him and roll my eyes with aggrivation. "No! I looked in the shower instead!" I retort, the sarcasm coating each word.

"Well, that was incredibly stupid of you," he answers with a devious smirk.

"Oh, shut up, and help me look!" I return to the heap of fabric, now with the help of another pair of hands.

After about another five minutes searching, Hunter laughs from behind me. Turning around, I raise my eyebrow inquisitively at him. My eyes drift down to his hands to find he's holding a pair of expensive lace lingerie. Immediately, a burning blush fills my cheeks.

"And, when, Missy, were you planning on wearing this?" he questions with a mischivious smirk.

I snatch the sexy apparel from his grasp and bury it deep in another pile. "Stop it," I whisper, and Hunter obviously is sadistic because he presses further.

"I wanna see this on you right now," he growls huskily, pulling my body to his. Together, we tumble backwards, landing on clothes. "How about we post-pone this dinner?"

My eyes widen with surprise. "Dinner?"

"Shit, I didn't say that, and you didn't hear that," he insists.

A broad, cheesy grin spreads across my face, and I poke my finger at his chest playfully. "Yes, I did!" I insist enthusiastically, "Dinner! We're going to dinner!"

"Stop it!" he repeats my plea from earlier. "You're gonna ruin the surprise!" He's acting like a whiny child.

Walking back to my closet, I flip through the remaining hangers. "What should I wear to this dinner? I wanted to wear that sundress, but that disappeared, so..." I wonder aloud.

Strong arms wrap around my waist, and my petite body is pulled flush against his broad chest. "If you don't drop it, I'm going to have to punish you," Hunter threats.

Bending my neck, I gaze at him flirtatiously. "And that would be a bad thing?" My seductive reply evokes a groan from Hunter, and a hardness prods my lower back.

"God, I love you," he whispers his arousal.

"I know you do," I arrogantly claim, escaping his hug. Before I grab a random dress and disappearing into the bathroom, I pat his growing bulge, teasing him more.

Shutting the door, I begin to undress, only to halt suddenly. "I found it!" I exclaim loudly while snatching the dress on the back of the door. Running from the bathroom, I shove the dress in Hunter's face. "Look! I found it!"'

"Good because you're gonna make us late," he reminds me with a pretend scowl.

My voice drops several octaves as I huskily whisper, "Then we better hurry." Dropping one strap from my shoulder, I peel the clothes from my body, the whole time staring at Hunter, eventually standing frozen in my bra and panties set. Before Hunter can put his dirty thoughts into action, I cover my tempting curves with the dress. Spinning on my heels, I waltz back to the bathroom, knowing that the sway in my hips is drawing every bit of his attention.

"That's not fair, and you know it!" Hunter shouts exasperatedly from the bedroom before he saunters to the bathroom where he leans against the door frame. Although his eyes burn against my skin, he doesn't say a single word. The light bristles on the make-up brush spead the rose-colored blush across my cheek, and I smear gloss on my plump lips. "You're so beautiful," Hunter mumbles, now standing behind me with his arms draped around my shoulders. Relaxig in his arms, I breathe in his scent. "By the way, I won the bet."

"No!" I argue, "That doesn't count!" I scowl at him over my shoulder.

"Oh, yes, it is. I won fair and square," he insists.

"Bullshit."

* * *

"Do we have to go back?" I whine like a tired child. When Hunter nods his head reluctantly, I groan melodramatically. "But I don't wanna!"

His husky laugh raises goosebumps on my arms. "You have to, Princess," he reminds me, pulling me into a warm hug.

"But Hunterrrrr!" I exclaim, wiggling in his arms, so I can face him.

"Ivoryyyyy!" he mocks.

"Can't we just stay forever? Just run away?" I propose, provoking another laugh from Hunter.

Kissing my forehead, Hunter shakes his head again. "We have to go back to reality, Princess, but that doesn't seem so bad if I am with you."

"I guess..." I grumble. "But I think I'm gonna need icecream to cheer up," I admit with a smirk.

"Sure thing, baby," he complies before leading me onto the plane.

* * *

Snuggling closer into his embrace, I wrap my arms around his bare chest. "I wanna try again," I admit, staring at the wall adjacent to the bed. He continued to make soothing circles on my back, but he doesn't reply. I explain, "I just keep thinking about mini Hunters running around, and you would be a great father, baby."

"Then let's start now, Princess," he agrees, kissing my head.

Author's Note;;

Sorry that it took so long, but I've been battling with myself over the length and quality of this chapter. I finally brought myself to update it, and I'm praying it's better than I think it is. The epilogue is next, and then, our journey will come to an end. It's bittersweet.