Chapter 9: Unsolveable Yet Pitied

"What do you MEAN, not your brother?" I demanded the second she opened the door. Sighing, I walked in. I'd snuck out as Rogue napped. He's injured and doesn't seem to get that. -___-

  "Simple. After this little episoede, our parents decided it was time to come clean. And... there was a lot to tell,'' Lily said, voice shaking. Her injuries were still taking a toll. She'd just come home today, and I heard her mom hurrying around in the living room. Lily was pale, and clutched a mug of hot whiskey. Oh, Lily remedies.

     "How did you not know..?"

"You know how when we were like, 2, my parents had to go to on a trip to Russia for a convention because of the science thing?" I nodded. Her parents were well known astronomers, and their trips took them places often.

  ''Well, apparently they found him walking around outside the mental hospital. His mom was in there and he refused to go to an orphanage. He'd just run right back. She was bipolar, had schizophrenia and multiple personality disorders. So my parents took him. Apparently he warmed up to them after about a year, but he's having problems. He's always been on medication that numbs some of the bad brain activity, and he was failing this semester of college and blamed that. He stopped taking his medicine... months ago,'' she said flatly, sniffing daintily.

  I blanched. So many secrets, so many bullets to dodge. "Soo... what did he inherit?"

"Trichotillomania, which developed of it's own accord. His family has a long history of mental disorders. Schizophrenia and multiple personality disorders got him, too,'' she murmured tiredly, resting her forehead on the table.

"Trichoaekjtwulkt what??"

  "He pulls out his hair.'' I fought a smile. All of those dangerous ones, and then out of nowhere something as simple as hair pulling? I sighed. I had no idea what to do with this information. This... crazy person.. was on the loose somewhere, and the saddest part was that in the end, I couldn't even blame him. I felt a surge of pit, and sentimental feelings I wished would leave. Now that I couldn't hate him, I oddly saw him as a little brother, lost and alone. In his own world nobody could reach him in. And even if he takes his medicine again, he still shot and injured several people. He'd more than likely end up in some mental ward.

"I'm sorry, Lil,'' I sighed, pressing my palms to my eyes tiredly. I had no idea what to say to her. It's one thing to find out your brother is adopted, but a whole other ball game when you find out that mentally, he's lost to you.

   I stood up, reaching my hands out to her. She leaned against me as I helped her up. Her mom rushed over as her eyes drifted a bit.

  "She's gone and tuckered herself out,'' she tutted in a very mom-like manner, tucking a strand off greying copper hair behind an ear. I wanted to scream. Everyone around me got hurt! Granted, this one wasn't my fault, but still! Ugh. So many people got shot because of me, Rogue is CURRENTLY in danger because of me. I was considering lying, telling him I didn't want him, hated his protectiveness. But I can't lie for shit and he'd only end up more keen on "saving me".

       I nodded to her mom as Lily completely conked out, snickering. Despite the gravity of the situation, Lily's random out was funny.

 I hugged her mom before saing good bye and leaving, and fresh plan in my head. It could work.. I had money from so much modeling lately. I pulled up to my place and tiptoed inside, peeking over the edge of the couch. Rogue was completely knocked out. I bit my lip, backing away and running to my room. He didn't stir.

  I quickly packed, stuffing pile after pile of clothes in my bag, as much as I could fit. I took credit cards. Yaaaay, nomad life. Not. I sat on the bed. i wasn't even positive this would work. Even with me gone, he could still decide to go nuts and kill my friends. But it was less likely with me around. Running a hand through my hair, I fought tears. I wouldn't cry, I never cried. Not since then. I didn't want to anymore. In the end it never helped me. I turned on my side, kicking the suitcase off the bed with a loud thunk.

   I couldn't run. Some way or the other I needed to handle this. Sitting up, hair wild, I paced around the whole house. I felt restless. On the edge. I absently twirled a bit of hair around my finger and tugged before yanking my hand away. No pulling out hair for this girl. I walked over a sat next to Rogue. I refused to sit around and mope over a psycho!! I for one was sane, and was about to act like it and wake up the gorgeous male model sleeping on my couch.

  "Rooooooogue,'' I sang, poked his cheek. Nothin'. Smirking, I kneeled down in front of him before jumping with a squeal. I'd put my knee right into a cold puddle of soda and broken glass, the cup obviously dropped to the floor. I sniffed as a sudden vague scent hit my nose. I remembered it. I could never forget it. My adoptive mother had had a heart attack a few years ago, and the stuff they kept dripping in her I smell a lot like... this. I paled. No. No no no.

   "You'd be surprised what I stocked up on while my dear little sister was in the hospital,'' a voice said lightly behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: MWAHAHAHAHAH!! YOU THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A FRILLY LITTLE MODELING THING FILLED WITH PHOTOS AND LIPSTICK AND BOYS. >:D YOU THOUGHT WRONG.... That's book two. .-. Vote, COMMENT, fan, tell your friends! :3