Chapter 15: And We Changed

Since gaaralover89 had so helpfully informed me that Portuguese is spoken in Brazil, anything Rogue says in his own language is just that! :P Eeee. Gaara is my baby though 

<3 with his red hair and broken heart and panda eyes and jdkeocnepvjek. just ignore mah fangirling, it's contagious. enjoy!

P.S. OH MY GOD. I CANT DO THIS. THE CHAPTER STARTED INNOCENT AND AS I WROTE IT FELT RIGHT AND.... *sobs grossly* DAMMIT. I CAN'T EVEN, ALL MY FUCKING ROGUE FEELS. I BLUSHED TERRIBLY WRITING THIS. DON'T JUDGE ME; LOVE KNOWS NO BOUNDARIES. ENJOY, BASTARDS.

I stared in the mirrors, feeling sick. Dozens of mirrors, and nothing but Jack. Jack everywhere. He stared right at me, unblinking, unmoving. A single spot of pale in the bright, costumed room. I watched him, feelings as if my world was moving in slow motion as he held up 2 fingers and mouthed something.

~2 days~

I sucked in a breath, chest hitching, and Rogue felt it. "What's wrong?" he whispered huskily, pulling back slightly to look at me. His forehead pressed to mine, and I sucked in a breath, closing my eyes to calm down first. When I opened them again Jack was gone, and Rogue was looking at me, concerned.

I honestly considered lying.

I mean, I didn't want to ruin everybody's fun. Lily had just gotten better, she was having fun. Rogue and I were having a pretty intense moment ourselves. And Jack said I have two days; there was no use running out now! I looked at Rogue and his eyes instantly darkened; he knew I was about to lie. I sighed, caught before I even ran.

"Jack was just watching us, Rogue; in the mirrors. He said I have two days," I murmured. My voice was cold and detached, like I'd already given up. He looked at me, anger and fear flashing across his face. He suddenly grabbed my hand, pulling me across the dance floor. "Rogue!? Rogue, careful, we're bumping into people!" I cried out, struggling to keep up. He ignored me, easily weaving throuh people. I ran with him, murmuring apologies to every person who glared our way. We burst into the parking lot, and I had a stupid moment of wondering how Lily would get up before remembering we'd rode with our dates here.

"Rogue?" I whispered cautiously, voice small. I distantly heard Lily calling out my name as I climbed into the car, frowning. He started the car quickly, hand shaking slightly as he jammed the key into the ignition. We pulled out quickly, and I clutched my seat.

"Go greased lightnin'," I joked lamely. His jaw tightened, and I looked away. I'd never seen him like this, and I have to admit I was scared. We drove fast, making the 20 minute drive back home a 10 minute one. I climbed out slowly, legs shakey. My silky pants swished as I walked, sound blending with the windy night.

I looked up as he strode to the door without a word, unlocking it and holding it open for me. I nearly laughed; even in this mood he was a gentleman. He slowly walked down the hall, and I heard the bedroom door open. I took off my jacket and annoying hairpiece, putting up my own ponytail before cautiously following him back. Awkwardly, I put my iPod into the dock, putting it on shuffle. At this point I just wanted to keep busy.

"Rogue?" I whispered, poking my head in. He sat on the bed leaning forward, one hand agitatedly knotting in his hair again and again as he he looked to the side, glaring at the wall as if it was causing the problems. I frowned, sitting next to him. "You can't just say nothing," I mumbled, touching his shoulder. He mumbled something.

"What?"

"You were going to lie," he hissed, shoulder tensing. I flushed and looked away, ashamed.