Chapter 14: Static

I felt like my stomach just attempted self-digestion.

I really wasn't sure how to tell Lily that Alec wasn't exactly someone she should hang around, or if I even had to tell her at all. She'd definitely ask how I knew that! and I couldn't tell her; I remembered the days when guys would hit on her, and when rejected, would go for me. It was one of the worst feelings, being a Plan B.

I took Rogue's hand, squeezing it as I forced a polite smile onto my face. "Nice to see you'll be hanging out with Lily, Alec! " I said, a nervous smile twitching at my lips. I shifted, trying to figure out what to say.

"So!.... If we went to the stylists right now I'm sure they could lend us some costumes for the party, si?" Rogue suddenly suggested. I stopped my inner fangirling over that accent (!!) long enough to thank him for saving me.

Lily squealed, gripping Alec's hand and dragging him behind her to a room. "That idea's fucking awesome Rogue, lets go!! " she cheered, a grin quickly bursting across her face. I flinched, ducking my head with a blush as an older woman walked by, shooting Lily a disapproving look for cussing. Rogue offered the woman an apologetic look, charming smile on full blast, and she immediately shot him an adoring look of forgiveness.

"Come on, boy scout," I grumbled, taking his hand as I followed the happy couple. He chuckled lowly behind me, holding the door open for me. I walked in, ignoring the giggling as Lily showed off some creepy dominatrix pirate mix. I rolled my eyes, instantly deciding to get the hell out of there and just wear my current outfit.

A hand suddenly grabbed my hand, one that fit perfectly into my own, before gently yanking me behind a long rack of clothes. I turned, meeting a stunning set of green eyes.

"Rogue!! Ohmygod, thanks for saving my ass out there!" I whispered, throwing my arms around him. He rocked back slightly before pulling back to smirk at me, rolling his eyes.

"You know, most heroes get a reward, chica," he joked. His accent was so strong, even when he kept his voice soft.

"That can be arranged, actually," I murmured, a shy smile fighting its way onto my lips. His eyes widened slightly, anticipation in them. With a relieved sigh he brought his lips down to mine, and I couldn't help a content hum. He had looked far too good all day, and I hadn't realized how straining that had been! I nearly laughed at how pathetic that sounded.

Okay, I swear that kiss was meant to stay normal!! But... no. My bare back brushed against a cold hanger, and a tiny gasp left me. I felt his tongue against my lip, and that was it for normal kisses. My arms went around his shoulders, fingers brushing into his soft hair. We shifted to lean lightly against the wall, and I felt warm all over as he pressed closer, fingers pulling at my waist, grazing over my thighs. Maybe a night in wouldnt be so terrible...

"Hey losers, time to go-! Oh! Ho ho hoo!" I jumped away, face burning as Alec bent over, slapping his knee. Rogue merely looked irritated, as if he were the fly at someone's picnic. He took my hand and I walked out behind him, ignoring Lily's shocked look.

This would be a long night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Getting into the club was more insane than being inside.

I guess I didn't realize that Rogue and I were an "it" couple; and Alec wasn't exactly a D Lister either. The second we got out of Rogue's cat and in line we were completely swarmed by paparazzi, our names shouted. It was like a photoshoot times ten! It got to the point where people would've gotten hurt so we were allowed inside ahead of everyone. I shot them apologetic looks, trailing inside guiltily.

The inside was freaking amazing!! Strobe lights were full blast, mixed with lights of different colors. The room would look black and white one minute, and like a rainbow the next. I flushed, looking away from dancers in cages, and around the room. I saw |celebrities| here. There were cliques here too apparently. I saw the girls who were obviously slutty, the ones trying to look cool, the ones who were just having one, and the crazy ones covertly popping pills with an anticipating look in their eyes.

Lily winked at me, immediately running with Alec towards the crowd of people in costumes, but not before giving me an excited hug. Alec embraced me quickly, running a hand sneakily down my back. I subtly pinched him, glaring as he finally ran with Lily into the sweaty, rapidly moving mass of writhing bodies. I watched, taking everything in so as not to feel overwhelmed. I looked up, seeing at least 3 more floors of people dancing on balconies.

I suddenly felt daring. I wanted to be out there! Dancing (without that cage though...), having a drink, having some fun. Looking out at everyone, I felt like I could be myself. As if I could leave all of my old insecurities behind, my old insecure |self|, and be who I was now. Even now I was nervous, and didn't want to make a fool of myself.

In reality, I was the only thing holding me back.

I grabbed Rogue's hand firmly, ignoring a guy in a devil costume eyeing me. He looked at me, and I couldn't even speak. He looked gorgeous, as if every part of him was alive and dancing. Like a blind man seeing. I tentatively looked at the dance floor, and felt a relief as he pulled me over with confidence. That reassured me more than anything. A wide grin nearly split my face as he ran to the floor, a giddy laugh bursting from me as we slid in

between everyone. "Sweater Weather" by The Neighborhood came on, and I nearly died. It not only had a singer with a soulful voice, but it was such a seductive song I would change the station. I took a breath, turning to look at Rogue. He stepped closer and I didn't move, a small smirk playing along my lips as I watched him. He walked around me slowly, in an almost feral manner that sent shivers up my spine. I turned with him as he walked, wanting to always see him.

We turned,circling eachother, not touching.

The strobe lights flashed, the strong line of his jaw in shadows. I reached out, unable to resist moving my fingers along it. I saw his chest jump as he took a sharp intake of breath, eyes flashing. Behind him I noticed for the first time that the walls were mirrors, and saw us. We were all I noticed. I forgot the mirrors when he slid an arm around my waist, pulling me close. My hands slid up the side of his head, holding his face in my hands, cheeks bones stubbly against my palms. Our bodies clicked together like a puzzle piece, every line of us pressed to eachother. Our knees bent slightly, and he bent forward, arching me back a bit.

I finally let loose.

Our faces were inches apart, lips brushing with every sway and twist of our bodies. I felt like it was only us, even as some people would stop and look at us for whatever reason. My fingers curled into the soft waves of his hair as he slid a hand up my back, fingertips tangling into my scalp. A strange movement made me look into the mirror, the reflection giving something away.

It was more the lack of movement catching my attention.

Because while the crowd danced, and the lights flashed, and Lily bounced on the balls of her heels excitedly as I finally crawled out of my shell, Jack's blue eyes were a frozen, immovable hatred as he watched us, perfectly still.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: dear God, this chapter was intense for me. sorry, the wait was long!! :( school is a bitch. -____- please vote, comment, fan, tell your friends, etc!!