Chapter 8: Were You Always Around?

He's stupid.

He is stupid.

Stupid he is.

Why?

Because after a brush with death, my crazy ex- crush trying to kill him, and many other people being injured...

He is not only making a decision to be my protector guy, but he's made sure he'll be taking modeling jobs with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rogue!"

"What? I'm taking every precaution to keep you safe,'' he retorded simply, picking at his bandage.

Which covered his BULLET HOLE.

Ugh. Why was he even going to this trouble?? He wasn't even my boyfriend, and in the few days we'd known eachother he'd been to the hospital twice. Once because he was shot, which was my fault.

Sighing, I leaned my head against the hospital bed from my chair. ''You shouldn't be around me,'' I mumbled into the stiff fabric. His lips pressed to my hair, and I smiled against my will. "Seriously, Rogue! You only end up getting hurt, and he acts crazier and crazier and I don't want to drag you into that.''

  "Mmm. Interesting. I can set up my own guest room, thank you."

"Dammit, Rogue! God, screw it. Fine, you can stay with me. But you're taking my bed since you're injured."

"I've heard cuddling heals all wounds quickly,'' he said innocently, mumbling into my hair. I pulled away with a smile, pecking his lips. I pulled away before he did, wagging a finger.

"Only if you behave. In case you haven't noticed, you have a BULLET HOLE in your STOMACH. Cuddling is cuddling, not canoodling time to rip your stitches..'' He laughed, sitting up easily.

"I am fine. Christ, Ari, they're releasing me today! I'm alive, not dead, and have a sexy scar for modeling now,'' he said with a wink. I blushed. I'd never admit it, but scars were always attractive. Simple as that! Opening my mouth to spew a witty retort, I was cut off as the door squeaked open.

    The doctor was there, and was the sweetest ol lady I'd ever met. She had a spoof of white hair and kind green-blue eyes, always doing everything with the utmost care an caution.

   "Hello, dear. You've healed up nicely,'' she said softly, picking up a clipboard an reading easily. She checked his wound again, and I flinched at the sight of shiny pink skin and neat stitches. She left to get his release forms, pinching his cheek. I giggled, and she smiled at me before leaving. Returning quickly, I was nearly dozing when she walked in. He'd been here a week, and I'd only gone out for errands. Not much sleep.

    "Thank you,'' I said sweetly, hugging her greatfully. She hugged my back, her tiny frame shaking a bit, then kissed Rogue's cheek.

   "Stay out of trouble!!" she scolded as I turned around, waiting for him to dress. And remember you have to leave in a wheelchair, young man.'' He sighed, pulling a pained face. Her eyes narrowed and he quickly rearranged it to a grin. I walked by him as she pushed, and he lookedd humiliated at such a tiny old woman pushing him. The blush was adorable.

   Finally getting to the tinted double doors of the exit, I sighed happily. My car was waiting right outside, and then... sleep. Yawning, my eyes slid shut for a few seconds as he stood up, grabbing my hand. I blinked, waving one last time before opening the doors.

All hell broke loose.

  A mob of reporters, paparazzi, and general nosey madness was outside, shrieking for attention.

"Ari!! Ari! Is it true that you're trying to loose weight?"

"Did he really get shot!?"

"Are you dating this young woman, Rogue?"

"Where exactly did you to elope at?''

"Were you shot by a fan?? Was than an ex of Ari's?"

  Gasping, I was purely overwhelmed until security ran out and got them enough out of the way to push through. I pressed through heated, sweaty bodies, feeling like my lungs were being slowly filled with hot air. Rogue, to my shock, slid into the drivers' seat of my car after opening my door and hustling me inside.

"Hey!" I growled severely as a fist beat my window.

"Ignore them. They're ruthless,'' he sighed, already looking tired as we pulled away. When we were around 5 minutes away from the house, I looked over. Even though he'd live, he wasn't completely healed, and that brief encounter with the paparazzi had really drained him..

   As we pulled up, I got out and stretched, feeling dizzy.

"Are you okay?" he asked weirdly, grabbing my waist lightly. "When did you last eat? Sleep?"

"Ate yesterday, slept 4 days ago,'' I murmured, fumbling for my keys. He snatched them away, unlocking the door and mumbling on worriedly in Spanish.

"Dammit, Rogue! I haven't taken Spanish in forever!!" I complained, stretching. I collapsed onto the couch where Rogue had left a blanket, curling into it. I couldn't let on the true reason I was so unhappy at this. I mean, when you and the guy of your dreams live together, you want it to be because you ike eachother that much. Not because your homicidal mentally unstable ex- crush kind of forced him into it. Sighing, I pulled my phone from the pocket as it buzzed. Lily!

911. I'm pretty sure that I've just dug some serious dirt up on him, and I'm pissed.

What do you mean?? I quickly replied.

Well to start off on the LEAST crazy part, he's apparently not really my brother.