Chapter 7: Will We Ever Read Vogue?

A/N: VOTE, COMMENT, FAN, TELL YOUR FANS. :3

Dear crazy fans,

I have delayed updating because I.... I.... *lip wobbles*

*wails* I FEEL LIKE THIS STORY IS SO TERRIBLE. SO AWFUL. UGH. I HAVE DEBATED DELETING IT, BUT IT'S PROBABLY ONLY BECAUSE I AM NEVER SATISFIED WITH MY STORIES. I AM TERRIFIED THIS WILL SUCK. UNGH. ACK. GODFIUHMUJOIHG dfg0PQ3TOUGssd}}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

************************************************************************************************************************

I felt the blood drain from my face, and scrunched up my toes with dread. Why was he here?? What was... wrong with him?

"Hello, Jack,'' I murmured calmly, holding up my head and staring him dead in the eye.

''No formalities. We need to go now,'' he answered back, grinning. It looked manic.

"Jack, we're not associated with eachother anymore, and I have a job to do. I'm not going ANYWHERE with you, not now, not ever," I answered icily, turning to face Rogue. I heard a low chuckle, then stood still as I heard a click. One of the women gave a small shriek, and I heard a thud as she hit the ground. Gasping, I whirled around only to see she'd merely fainted.

Jack was twirling the gun around in his hand calmly, swayingb ack and forth. I eyed the cold pistol in his hand, black and glinting in the sun, indifferent about death. A gulp crawled down my throat.

"Jack... please. Put it down. You don't have to do this! Not at all, just please put it down!!" I begged, tears forming in my eyes. "Why are you even doing this? You never liked me...'' I choked out, pain etching through me. Rogue's arms wrapped around my waist, and I shot him a panicked look and pushed him away as Jack's finger twitched angrily along the trigger.

He only laughed hard, accidentally releasing a bullet into the dirt. Everyone jumped, screaming, and I noted security edging cautiously around the corner. ''It's not about that, Ari. Idiot. I...'' he shook his head, refusing to explain more. I frowned. So confusing.

"Jack, this has to stop. It's really silly over something as dumb as not excepting a date offer,'' I groaned, taking a step to him. "Can't we talk this through?"

"Not until you come with me, Ari!" Rogue's eyes flashed dangerously at Jack's words, and he took a step closer.

"Ali is not going to a single place with you. You need to leave,'' he gritted out, stepping in front of me. A shot landed in the dirt next to his feet, and I shrieked. He didn't even jump.

"Jack. This is ridiculous.''

"As if you'd know, pretty boy. Ari likes you. Ari WANTS you!" he growled, voice rising. Rogue only sighed, biting his lip in an attempt at temper control.

"It's not about who she wants. This is about you standing here waving around a gun like an idiot because you got rejected. Everyone has and they got the fuck over it. Even me, the pretty boy,'' he scoffed. I couldn't help but raise my eyebrows in shock.

I mean, come on. Who wouldn't want that boy?

Except a lesbian.

Well. Even lesbians would do it. They just would.

"Jack, I'll go on that date with you if you just put the gun away,'' I whispered, stepping around Rogue.

"Cute offer, Ari. But it's a bit late, and you're coming with me. Whether you like it or.... no, you will like it. Or everything will be a lot worse.''

He suddenly threw his arm to the right, nailing a cop in the knee who'd just crept closer. He screeched, falling to the ground. My eyes widened. Gun or not, I never thought he'd use it!!

Then panic ensued.

People scattered everywhere, screaming like mad. He shot off into the stampede of security, who all yelled. A cop fell, breathing labored as he grazed his fingers over a tiny spot of blood slowly spreading. He closed his eyes, clutching a cross around his neck, lips twitching in what I assumed was a prayer. "Jack, stop!! STOP!! JACK, PUT IT DOWN NOW!!" I sobbed, running to him. I had to stop this. It was all my fault! All of it!

His attack on the cops stopped, and he whipped around, aiming at me. I covered my head with my arms, chest tightening so badly it hurt as a loud bang of sound erupted from in front of me. Oh, God. Did it hurt to be shot? Would I die instanstly, or suffer? I waited for the pain. The dizziness, shock.

None came. No pain at all.

Openning my eyes, I saw a wide flower of blood bloom from a white shirt in front of me. The bullet lay a few inches behind him. Whatever it went through made a strong barrier.

Rogue.

He sat heavily, flopping onto his back. He looked incredibly calm, so serene I was worried. I fell next to him, shaking and lifting up his shirt.

''Somebody call 911! Now!!" I heard distantly. Idiot. Sirens were already sounding.

"You're hurt,'' I murmured blankly, staring at the hole between his uppers ribs. It bled darkly, dripping.

"Time for another visit to the hospital,'' he joked weakly, smiling. That was it. I was done, and tears formed in my eyes. He immediately frowned.

"Chin up, mi ciela,'' he scolded, having the gall to sit up on his elbows. I pushed him down firmly.

"No! Lay down!!" I bawled, holding his shoulders. "Rogue, please don't go,'' I sniffed, not looking at him. ''This is all my fault,'' I muttered, looking up as an ambulance pulled up. He shook his head, turning my face to his. He grinned, a bit tightly.

"No, it's that psychos fault,'' he snorted. Angry, I turned around to Jack.

Gone.

I cursed. "Yes, that psycho who is now gone!!" I pouted. "And ironically, I'm one of the few not hurt...''

The ambulance pulled up, and he glanced at it before looking at me firmly. "Listen, hermosa chica tonta. You're going to come with me. And I'll be fine. And you'll be safe. And... everyone will live happily after and read Vogue,'' he whispered, smiling crookedly. I laughed shakily, nodding and holding his hand to my face.

They lifted him up, and he struggled to grit his teeth against the pain. I crawled in, stroking his hair. The paramedic turned to me, all business.

''All I need to know is if the bullet is still in his body,'' he said quickly, going to work with an IV. I shook my head. I heard Rogue chuckle lightly at a joke the other paramedic made. Only he could laugh when he was so close to..

"It fell out behind his chest,'' I murmured, attention leaving him when Rogue's hand weakly tugged mine. The IV was getting to him, the spark in his eye the only thing still burning bright as he got sleepy. I furrowed my brows, allowing him to pull me close.

A brush across the cheek to my lips, and I smiled despite myself. Still the charmer. My charmer. I kissed him gently, allowing him to weakly brush his free hand through my hair. I only pulled back when he gently nipped my lip, jumping.

He drifted off with a sleep on his lips.

Idiot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: OH NUUUU. WHAT WILL HAPPEN?? WILL HE DIE?? WILL SOMEONE ELSE?? WILL THEY EVER GET TO READ VOGUE? LOOK AT THE SOOOOOONG. SO PERFECT FOR THE MOOD. UMM. VOTE, COMMENT, FAN, TELL YOUR FANS. :3