twenty-three

Y/n's pov

Lauren and I are sitting in the Sonic parking lot, waiting for our food. We're listening to music, holding hands and talking about how our day went. We pretend to be careless like tomorrow will be the same, but it won't.

Tomorrow I'll be traveling to Spain and I'll be there for 2 weeks or more, it all depends on how my dad will want it to be. Even my sister doesn't have a say in this, she has to leave work and who knows for how long, that can get her fired.

I don't want to talk about leaving. Thinking about it makes me sad. I don't want Lauren to be sad, she deserves all the best in the world. I'll miss her a lot, she became the best reason for me to wake up. Her smile and laugh, that spark in her eyes and her beautiful mind make my days better. She makes me a better person.

"The food person is walking here" Lauren pointed out the window to the girl that was walking towards my car. She brought us two takeout bags full of food for our date.

I paid for the food and we drove to our spot. Most of our dates are at the same place were I told Lauren that I love her. So we drove there, to the cliff above the river.

"I'm going to miss this" Lauren said after we sat down. She lightly tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Me too" I sighed softly and I slowly laid down on the blanket. Lauren giggled and did the same but she laid her head on my chest.

"I have an idea for something" Lauren said as she started tracing circles with her finger on my stomach.

"Yeah? What is it?" I whispered, Lauren brought her hand to my face and she gently caressed my cheek.

"Can we take some pictures together?" she asked quietly and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Of course we can Laur! You didn't have to ask" I sat up to look at her, she was biting her lip and her eyes were closed.

"But can I use the pictures for something?" She smiled. I chuckled and laid back down.

"Sure, I mean you can do whatever you want to. You can even ma-" a flash of a camera light stopped me from finishing my sentence.

Lauren started taking pictures of me with her phone. I tried to take her phone away but she started running around me. Her loud laugh and camera noises filled the night silence. After a minute of running around the cliff Lauren gave up. She ran into to me and gave me a tight hug.

"I love you" I laughed as she took more pictures, but now of the both of us.

"I love you too weirdo" Lauren kissed my cheek but just before she pulled back she licked me.

"Omg you're the weirdo" I pushed her away and she started laughing like a maniac. "I'm really going to miss you babe"

"awww" Lauren gasped and hugged me again. "You called me babe" she tightened her grip on my waist.

"I think that I'll call you that more often because this hug is amazing" I kissed the top of Lauren's head.

Lauren let go of me with a huge smile. She walked over to my car and brought our food.
"It's time to feast!!!" She threw one of the bags to me as she sat down next to me.

Food, quiet music that played from my car, the beautiful scenery and just being together makes every date perfect. They aren't anything that special because we both don't have the money to go extra but it's the thought that counts.

Lauren once told me that she hated when her ex boyfriends took her out to really expensive dinners at restaurants. She said that it's too much. A simple and tasty meal and a lovely person to eat it with is be enough.