twenty-one

Y/n's pov

I sat at the edge of the pool. I slowly moved my legs around to make small waves. Lauren, Amy and their friends were swimming and splashing each other with water. I wanted to join them but I didn't want to look at Lauren.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still in love with her and looking at her makes me really happy, but if I look at her now I won't hold myself back. I will want to tell her everything that happened at my sister's house but I can't. It's even painful to think about.

"Hey y/n/n!" Amy swam a little closer to me "what's up? Why don't you swim with us?"

"Oh I'm just thinking" I laughed nervously and I looked at the girl in front of me.

Amy is always beaming this happy glow. She has a beautiful smile, and she's not afraid of using it. She's a vibrant person, an optimist. I live with her for couple days now and every conversation we had so far so meaningful, full of energy and wisdom. People might say that she doesn't seem like someone smart but she knows a lot about life. She has her own unique story.

"Thinking bout??" She crossed her arms and rested them on the edge.

"I have to tell Lauren something but I'm scared" I quietly sighed and closed my eyes.

"You can tell me and maybe we can find an easy way for you to say it to her" Amy pulled herself up and sat next to me.

"Hey guys! Why are you guys sitting there?" Lauren yelled in our direction, she was started slowly swimming towards us.

"We need an excuse!" Amy whispered to me "I'm bad at lying! Think about something quick!"

Lauren swam up to us just as Amy finished whisper-yelling at me. I smiled and looked down at Lauren as she hugged my legs and tried to pull me into the water, but I didn't budge.

"I'm feeling a little sick" I placed one of my hands on my stomach "I think that I'll have a stomach flu tomorrow"

"Do you want me to take you home? We can chill there and I'll give you medicine or something" Lauren let go of my legs and she reached out for my hands.

"Yeah, do that! I don't want her to get me sick" Mel yelled from the other end of the swimming pool.

I looked at Amy and she shrugged. I guess that now I'll have a chance to tell Lauren about what happened earlier.

"I guess that it will be the best for everyone" I laughed and stood up "sorry for ruining the fun for you guys"

"It's ok y/n, go home and get well soon" Jenny waved her hands and Mel nodded.

Lauren got out of the pool and grabbed her towel and her bag from one of the beach chairs. Before we left I waved goodbye to the girls and Lauren grabbed my hand.

"Are you in pain?" Lauren asked as she placed the towel on her seat to not get it wet. I shook my head and I got inside the car from the passenger side.

"It's nothing too serious" I shrugged and Lauren nodded, she started the car and drove us home.

We stopped on the red light. "So how was your talk with Brooke?" Lauren asked with a small smile, the red light perfectly shining on her beautiful face.

"Umm it was ok, not the best" I laughed nervously as I ran my hand through my hair. "She apologized but she also said some really fucked up things"

"But now you're free from her" Lauren reached out and placed her hand on my knee "and do not curse!" she lifted her hand and slapped my knee when the light turned back to green.

"Sorry" I laughed and turned my head to look out of the window. "Brooke told me that my dad tried to surprise facetime me yesterday"

"That's fun, but you didn't talk with him yesterday" Lauren scrunched up her nose.

"Yeah because he called her. I don't know, my dad is weird but he found out that I don't live there anymore" I sighed and Lauren looked at me. "He wants me and Brooke to go to Spain for couple weeks"

Lauren sped up the car and we were in our driveway in less then two minutes. She got out of the car and quickly came to open my door before I even had a chance to grab the door handle. She grabbed my hand and she let us to the front door.

"Lauren?" I placed my free hand on her shoulder and she sighed softly. "Talk to me please"

We walked inside and Lauren shut the door behind us. "I don't want you to go! You can't!"

I tried to grabbed her hand and try to make her look at me, but before my fingers could contact with hers she pulled her arm away and walked to her room. I chased after her.

I knew that this would upset her. Every person I met, that knows Lauren, told me that she's a changed woman thanks to me. They said that she's happy again, that I brought back the light and passion in her eyes.

"Lauren please, I don't have a choice" I took a step closer to Lauren. She turned around to look at me, her eyes were filled tears. Laur hugged me and sobbed into my shirt. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tightly.

"You always h-have a choice. We m-made so many dif-different choices and look, we're together now. Yo-you have a home a-and a new fam-family, and I'm finally ha-happy" Lauren said against my chest, her voice was like a whisper but I heard everything.

"I know that you don't want me to go and I don't want to either but my dad already bought the tickets." my voice was shaky "I- We have two days till the flight." I tried my best to hold back the tears from falling down my cheeks.

Lauren's sobs got louder, she tightened her grip around my waist. "For how long?"

"Two weeks or something" I lightly pulled away from the hug. Lauren was still crying and that broke my heart. "I'll try to call you every day and we can even facetime before sleep!" I wiped away some tears from her cheek "and we will text every second of the day"

Lauren nodded and gave me a small smile, but I could still see how hurt she is. This will be hard for us but I think that these two weeks will make our relationship stronger.

"Let's have two amazing days, let's do everything we want to in these 48 hours!" Lauren brought our lips together.

Even though I could taste the salty tears that fell onto her lips, this kiss proved that Lauren loves me, and I love her. We can survive those couple days apart from each other. We're a strong couple.